Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads) - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #81
Southern Wolf
Guess Im the only one that has had questions several weeks after the ad was posted.

I know I'm not gonna change the staff's mind... but if ya'll thought I wouldn't give ya'll another side to think about... your nutts.

Have a nice day

Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #82
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Bad guys flat out lie about their location. They put in something where they are not.

We have already went over this about me and the location. Im in law enforcement... and all the convicts know Im into snakes. You type in my name and snakes and Fauna is the first place that pops up. Why in the would I make it that easy for them to find me?

I can be found... but Im not gonna make it that easy.
Not always. Bad guys will often be just vague about the location.

Still, the fact of the matter is that some people have legitimate reasons (in their mind, at least) for what they want to do, and as you are pointing out in this incidence but refuting in another, such an action doesn't always indicate nefarious intent.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #83
WebSlave
Quote:
Guess Im the only one that has had questions several weeks after the ad was posted.

I know I'm not gonna change the staff's mind... but if ya'll thought I wouldn't give ya'll another side to think about... your nutts.

Have a nice day
Sorry that it pisses you off so badly that your own opinion is not universally accepted here.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #84
TripleMoonsExotic
I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on the matter, Kevin.

Keeping threads unlocked doesn't mean that the person is going to publicly answer questions. If someone doesn't want to have a public discussion, they aren't going to do it whether the thread is locked or not.

Ads can be edited to include forgotten information. Ads have to be deleted to get rid of unwanted commentary.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #85
WebSlave
Quote:
The way Rich is talking... Fauna is gonna be no different from KS (other than non paying members can post ads).
I think you are getting too emotional about this, Kevin, and your statements are becoming irrational. Why don't you take a break and simmer down a while before you pop a blood vessel or something?

Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #86
Riyeko
My 2 cents:

I dont do much but window shop and ask for shipping quotes.
But for those out there that actually TRY to start things.. I think this is a good idea.
If im completley and utterly serious about trying to buy a snake, then so what if I have to click two more times to ask the seller about a shipping quote?
So?
Its not like its giving you carpal tunnel to just click the username and then "send private message to username".
Its not a big deal. So .. I guess im trying to say that I dont understand why everyone is freaking out in here about this.
Its Webslave's website, he runs this, he is king moderator, therefore if he doesnt want to take all day to put 10,000 infractions on 10,000 different people.. then he should come up with something that saves him time.
If that means not allowing people to post in the classifieds section, then so be it.

Its his site, so why is everyone screaming in rage in response to this?

Old 06-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #87
Southern Wolf
Yeah... I know... Im a bad guy.... guess I will have to live with trying to protect some of my privacy. When you walk in my shoes... then you can say... "in their mind, at least". You may get threats via PM or email.... I get them in person... and they have the means to carry them out.

If you would have checked when it was up... you'd notice that my location wasn't even on my website. No-one knew my location until they got the package.. and that's because FedEx had it on the label. Even local pickups (which weren't many) were done two towns over.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #88
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyeko View Post
My 2 cents:

I dont do much but window shop and ask for shipping quotes.
But for those out there that actually TRY to start things.. I think this is a good idea.
If im completley and utterly serious about trying to buy a snake, then so what if I have to click two more times to ask the seller about a shipping quote?
So?
Its not like its giving you carpal tunnel to just click the username and then "send private message to username".
Its not a big deal. So .. I guess im trying to say that I dont understand why everyone is freaking out in here about this.
Its Webslave's website, he runs this, he is king moderator, therefore if he doesnt want to take all day to put 10,000 infractions on 10,000 different people.. then he should come up with something that saves him time.
If that means not allowing people to post in the classifieds section, then so be it.

Its his site, so why is everyone screaming in rage in response to this?
Quite frankly, I think some people just resist change, no matter what it is. I could change ANYTHING here, and a certain subset will be whining and complaining about it.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #89
bsharrah
Quote:
Bad guys flat out lie about their location. They put in something where they are not.

We have already went over this about me and the location. Im in law enforcement... and all the convicts know Im into snakes. You type in my name and snakes and Fauna is the first place that pops up. Why in the would I make it that easy for them to find me?

I can be found... but Im not gonna make it that easy.
So if I lock my ad, like some bad guys do, then it is reasonable to assume I am hiding something, but if you don't disclose your location, like some bad guys do, then it doesn't mean anything? What a hypocrite.

Quote:
As for Rich preventing us from looking stupid. I dont need Rich or the US/State Gov to protect me from myself.
Actually, it appears you need all the help you can get.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #90
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry that it pisses you off so badly that your own opinion is not universally accepted here.
I am not even remotely close to pissed... if I was every other word would be

Im just trying to inpart a different side of the coin.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!