Growing up retic - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
RonzRoyalz
Yeah, Steve I made it myself. It's a little over kill I'm thinking now. It's 8W x 2D x 3T and the 3T is the over kill. He's just over 7' now and so calm. It's probably been 4 months since the last time I was tagged. He really wanted to get acquainted with me them 1st few months.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
Helenthereef
I'm enjoying seeing him grow. For those of us keeping "lesser" snakes it's hard to imagine how quickly retics get so big. Glad he's settling down on the tagging front - might be less fun in a few months!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #13
RonzRoyalz
Cause of breeding? I've read that, but still not all males will do it. I have bp's breeding and he didn't eat for about a month and someone told me to give him a soak and BAMM! He's back to eating.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #14
RonzRoyalz
Here's a few updated pic's of Willard. The tub pic is a dedicated soaking tub for my snakes. I have 2 other bathrooms for myself.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #15
Amadeus_n_Tina
A great beauty! Mine got to that size and her attitude took a turn for the worst. I'm only 4'10" and about 115lbs so needless to say she was sold to a large gentleman who wanted to breed her lol. I'm glad theirs a good behaved, and good looking boy like this out there tho! Good work.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #16
RonzRoyalz
Thanks. He wanted to get acquainted with me when a baby for about 2 months, but with hook training and learning you can't reprimand for bad behavior as you can other animals lol, he has been really great. I just make some noise before I reach in to grab him very slowly, but confidently and he's no problem. Kids stop by to hold him.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
RonzRoyalz
Caught Willard hanging around the other day. During the day, I like it when he's out and about during the day and to see him playing on his kinda sorta jungle gym is nice. I thought this enclosure was too big for him, but I think he'll be happy in it. 8' x 2' x 3'
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #18
RonzRoyalz
Here's a couple pic's of Willard, a neighbor and her friend. The girls are around 12-14 yrs old. The girl in the tie dye shirt has seen and held Willard before, but her friend has NEVER touched a snake. It took her about 15 mintues or so to warm up to touch him and eventually held him on her own. I don't know much, but show and teach the kids what I've learned and know of their disposition, but reassured them that they can turn at anytime, just like anything in life.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
hottrodz22
This is awesome I love seeing other people who love reptiles as much and more then me!! He is a great looking snake!!

Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #20
RonzRoyalz
Some more pic's of Willard yall. Still under 8', but back to eating 2 s/m sized rats every 8 days or so. He slowed down over the winter, but seems to be back at it. I still get him out every other day or so. He's soooo much sweeter than when I got him almost a year ago at under 2'. I just tap on the glass and then his hide and then grab him and he's fine.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!