Totaly off topic - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:33 AM   #1
riverjop
Totaly off topic

I would like to hear from the people who have their own Microscopes and do there own fecals etc.....

I got mine a couple of days ago and have been messing around with it, but I want to keep the "learning curve" as straight as possible!
I ordered a camera that I can download pic's and post, but I have to figure out all the little buttons......LOL

Should I have posted this in the testing area?....Im sooooooo confused!!!
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
LCReptiles
Why Overton, why would you post such a question here of all places. Now that Homeland Security Force thing is gonna swarm down here and thump us all on the head. Thank a freakin lot.

By the way, I have no idea about doing your own fecals, so I'm clueless, ROFL.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:42 AM   #3
riverjop
Jeff, I hope my address isn't on here!....you might start sending me fecal samples of ????? who knows what?

Old 08-25-2004, 11:44 AM   #4
LCReptiles
Yes, please keep me up to date on your progress. I've been having a lot of stomach pains, and I'm starting to suspect parasites. You could save me bunches seeing my own doctor.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:50 AM   #5
riverjop
:Puke:

Old 08-25-2004, 12:20 PM   #6
progeckos
I like that setup Overton! I might have to get myself a microscope soon.

Old 08-25-2004, 12:23 PM   #7
HRoss
shame, shame on you. is there not a parasite forum somewhere in this maze of catagories and sub catagorical forums? i bet you did not spend 45 minutes checking. my god seamus might fall over dead with your lack of respect.

maybe you can offer your services to locate the nematode that has lodged itself in his digestive track(hey that was a polite way of saying it). you know the one that makes him come to the leo forum and police it, regardless of the fact that he is not a moderator. let alone a leopard gecko keeper. maybe a good round of panacur would get that bastard (the worm). or better yet a single dose of enrofloxacin; it will get that worm and render the host's fingers inoperable.

note to keepers: enrofloxacin will damage your animals, it is only approved for the worm that polices the leopard gecko forum.
howard

Old 08-25-2004, 02:03 PM   #8
Golden Gate Geckos
microscopes

Overton, that looks like a really good set up! May I ask where you got the scope? Do you have a source for sodium nitrate for floats and Lugol's iodine for staining smears?

Old 08-25-2004, 02:17 PM   #9
beakgeek
Overton

I put on a drool bib after looking at that scope. We're shopping for one right now. What are you using to show the image on your laptop?

Regards,

Terry

Old 08-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #10
geckosurfer
Welcome to the Fecal Forum

You forgot to mention LEOPARD GECKO FECAL samples. Where you from? Idaho or something?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!