Want to introduce myself - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
Tangi worm farm
Want to introduce myself

My name is Claude, I started a worm farm back in July of 2018. We raise European Night Crawlers and Red Wigglers. We did this to supply local fishermen for bait, and the castings for marijuana and vegetable growers. Then found out that some reptile owners feed their pets worms.

We are still in our startup stages, and they are multiplying every week. Right now we are just getting the word out for the future.

I do have a web site that I am still building. I will have a page for reptile owners to go to. I am doing research on the reptile world so I can get familiar with this subject.

If you have advice for me or want to ask me any question, contact me at tangiwormfarm@yahoo.com
Unfinished web site: www.tangiwormfarm.com

Looking forward to hearing from you
Thank you

Old 02-18-2019, 09:50 PM   #2
Lucille
I think it would be very appealing to write a few paragraphs about how and why you chose worm farming. It also (here) would be good to detail why your worms are healthy and safe from any soil contaminants, and how earthworms are shipped. As you are setting up, work on a good TOS (terms of service) to use once you open.

If you plan on vending at reptile shows, maybe some bright and colorful packaging to offset the typical meh worm demeanor.

Welcome Claude

Old 02-19-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Hi Claude and welcome.

I use lots of worms both red wigglers and night crawlers to feed my frogs.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
Tangi worm farm
Thank you Ed and Lucille, for responding and welcoming me to this board.
I will first say I’m 56 and was self employed for many years. I am now back to working In the private sector again. I dont much care for it, but it pays the bills. I was looking for something to do to make a little extra money on the side to put away for a rainy day.

I am doing this also for my future for when i cannot work. This will be my retirement.

I then remembered a friend of mine raised worms. I thought at the time, that sounded crazy. He was a diesel mechanic and he was doing the same thing. Making a little extra income. One night i woke up out of a sound sleep. I suddenly remembered that guy with the worms. So i started researching. Made some contacts with some garden clubs in my area, and also some bait shops. The response was better than I thought.
That’s where I am today. I built some wooden bins, one is 2foot by 8 foot and another is 2ftx4ft. One is full of Red Wigglers the other is ENCs

I feed them a special diet. I do not use any manure or nasty garbage waste. Their bedding is made of coco coir, peat moss, shredded news paper, shredded brown cardboard.
The food is my table scraps that i blend in a food processor to a liquid slurry. In that slurry I blend coffee grounds, and egg shells. I also feed them a special dry mix that consist of oats, wheat flour, a touch of sugar and corn meal. They love that.

Their bins are heated and have fans for summer. They stay at or about 60-80 degrees. Perfect for a healthy happy baby making worms.

When you open the bins it has an earthy smell not anaerobic smell. That’s when you have a stinky rotten smell. That means there is no air circulation.

As far as shipping. We will ship out on Mondays and only when temps are below 90 degrees. They are tough lil guys but high temps are not good for them. They will ship in a breathable bag with some damp bedding and some dry food so they will not be fatigued when they arrive.

I am working on the web site, i do a little off and on. I will keep everyone updated as the web site progresses.
Thank you
Tangiwormfarm.com
Tangiwormfarm@yahoo.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!