Moderators - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 AM   #1
k.williams55
Moderators

I will apologize up front if I have posted this in the wrong place, but I looked through the various sections and this seemed to be the appropriate one to post this in.

I'm curious how many moderators thereare on this site ?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, really, but could you all just step up and give me the warning points for whatever so we can get on with it ???

Since altering the way I post and adhering to the rules as I read and understand them, I have received 5 warnings for the same stupid post. As moderators, I would think that one of your characteristics here would be fairness. It seems that is not one the requirements to be a moderator. What gives ???

Old 06-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #2
jsrocket
You can be given warning points for the same posts by any, or all mods, as each one sees fit, counselor.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:11 AM   #3
Ed Clark
Are you seriously asking for warning points?

OK this has got to be a trap for Ed clark!

Sorry Dude Im not taking the bait on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.williams55
I will apologize up front if I have posted this in the wrong place, but I looked through the various sections and this seemed to be the appropriate one to post this in.

I'm curious how many moderators thereare on this site ?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, really, but could you all just step up and give me the warning points for whatever so we can get on with it ???

Since altering the way I post and adhering to the rules as I read and understand them, I have received 5 warnings for the same stupid post. As moderators, I would think that one of your characteristics here would be fairness. It seems that is not one the requirements to be a moderator. What gives ???

Old 06-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #4
Stardust
The more appropriate place for this would have been the feedback forum.

The fairness is here as there are more mods now the level of points to get banned is higher. Each mod has their choice as to whether they think the problem is severe enough for multiple warnings or not.

If you would like further information on this go to the feedback forum, pull up a chair and start reading.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #5
hhmoore
One of the reasons for the implementation of the current system was to allow for a definite message to be sent to those that violate the rules of the site. In many cases, depending on the nature of the trasgression, we will look to see if there has been a warning issued. That does not mean that we cannot issue warnings of our own, though...in fact, in many cases we "pile on" to make it obvious that the post is unacceptable. This happens more when a post crosses certain "lines", or when a person's posting style is getting out of hand.
On the BOI, there is a bit more leeway than the rest of the site - some flex to the rules, if you will - but that does not mean that they don't exist.

And, just for the record, this is not a BOI topic - I would say that the Feedback Forum is a more appropriate place.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:43 AM   #6
hhmoore
BTW - anybody with gold or red coins/medallions under their name is a moderator. There are also 3 site/super mods, plus 1 admin..

Old 06-03-2007, 01:51 AM   #7
k.williams55
Nuff Said

That answered my question and sorry for the post in the wrong place.

I do not, however, feel "piling on" was justified in ANY of my posts, but I will be more careful in the future for sure.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:03 AM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
BTW - anybody with gold or red coins/medallions under their name is a moderator. There are also 3 site/super mods, plus 1 admin..
And forum moderators.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:33 AM   #9
hhmoore
True, though I read his question as pertaining to the ones that could issue warnings. Sad that at times I forget I am still a forum mod...

Old 06-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #10
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.williams55
I do not, however, feel "piling on" was justified in ANY of my posts, but I will be more careful in the future for sure.
I'll take this one. I was often the first to ding those of your posts that I felt were deserving. But you come here, and with 22 posts to date including the two reasonable ones in this thread, have been warned multiple times. It seems you came in fully loaded and just started shooting. That's why you received multiple warnings, often for the same posts. If you had "gotten it" with the first round of warnings it would have been over, but you continued, even baiting the moderators at one point to show some creativity.

Sorry, but you earned all of the points that were issued, and then some. And good that you'll be more careful, but if your behavior reverts to your previous self, be assured it will happen again.

Still wondering, counselor/lawmaker, what law school did you attend and which lawmaker employs you?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!