And you all wonder why I have to make the restrictions I do... - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #101
Griz
For the record, Dennis and to whomever else, I do not doubt the sincerity as to why you are here. For people like yourself, Harrald, Laura and Bryon, and many many others, I know why your a contributor and it's for more noble of causes.

But, I also completely believe that there are certain people who contribute simply for the pleasure of dinging others. Take Ed Clark last ding as a random example. He just dinged Bill & Amy for an attack outside of the BOI??? There was nothing in their posts that should have been deemed punishable. If Ed or anyone else could find something there then those same people could find the veiled antagonism by Ed even responding initially to Bill & Amy's posts. It does not take a genius to see what Ed's motives were.

People like yourself Dennis have proven countless times over that you not only have the intellectual ability to handle the responsibility but also the self-control. Dinging people just for the sake of dinging people is not what the privilege should be about and IT IS for some people.

Griz

Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #102
romad119
WE know he has questions that he hasn't answered. If he won't answer them there then chasing him into the other areas of Fauna with these questions is inappropriate. Your post was an attack and had zero relation to the thread.

There should be less concern about the bad guys becoming mods. Why? Because of the weighted warning system. Once they become mods they open themselves up a category in which the warning system can bite them more then it could at a lower membership level.

So let them become mods,the grass isn't much greener and the potential to get weeds increases.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #103
romad119
Griz,

That's me that dinged them not Ed Clark. Ed's post pointed out a potential problem with their proposal. Bill took it in a direction that was appropriate for the BOI.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #104
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
For the record, Dennis and to whomever else, I do not doubt the sincerity as to why you are here. For people like yourself, Harrald, Laura and Bryon, and many many others, I know why your a contributor and it's for more noble of causes.

But, I also completely believe that there are certain people who contribute simply for the pleasure of dinging others. Take Ed Clark last ding as a random example. He just dinged Bill & Amy for an attack outside of the BOI??? There was nothing in their posts that should have been deemed punishable. If Ed or anyone else could find something there then those same people could find the veiled antagonism by Ed even responding initially to Bill & Amy's posts. It does not take a genius to see what Ed's motives were.

People like yourself Dennis have proven countless times over that you not only have the intellectual ability to handle the responsibility but also the self-control. Dinging people just for the sake of dinging people is not what the privilege should be about and IT IS for some people.

Griz
Bob,

I love ya man, but you blew it jumping to a conclusion on who issued those points. It would have been really easy to actually see who had given warning.

That said, and not directed to you but to everyone reading, I don't know what people think of my motives for upgrading my membership level, nor is it really a worry for me, but in the email that I sent Rich at the time, and he could confirm it if he so chose, I said that I wanted to be part of the solution.

So yes, it was for the "privilege" of being a mod. I haven't been cussed at more since high school, maybe junior high. One person even brought up my long dead mother in a sexual context. It was lovely. That's been the "reward".

Oh, and your post above could easily be dinged for antagonizing a moderator.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:33 AM   #105
Griz
I did blow it. I was viewing 3 browsers at once (wife wants to go on this knew Kimkins diet, go figure) and I thought it was Ed. For that Ed, I apologize but, had Ed not already had the reputation for doing so then it would not have been a natural jump. For you Alan, I think it was a stretch but you have my benefit of the doubt.

Griz

Old 06-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #106
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
WE know he has questions that he hasn't answered. If he won't answer them there then chasing him into the other areas of Fauna with these questions is inappropriate. Your post was an attack and had zero relation to the thread.

There should be less concern about the bad guys becoming mods. Why? Because of the weighted warning system. Once they become mods they open themselves up a category in which the warning system can bite them more then it could at a lower membership level.

So let them become mods,the grass isn't much greener and the potential to get weeds increases.
Actually I fully agree with this assessment. It is NOT appropriate for a member to drag BOI issues all over this site, and is EXACTLY why I put that warning onto the roster.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #107
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
I did blow it. I was viewing 3 browsers at once (wife wants to go on this knew Kimkins diet, go figure) and I thought it was Ed. For that Ed, I apologize but, had Ed not already had the reputation for doing so then it would not have been a natural jump. For you Alan, I think it was a stretch but you have my benefit of the doubt.

Griz
Uh, can you say "Freudian slip"?

Old 06-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #108
varnyard
Rich, I have given you every chance to come clean, however you have chose not to do so.

That said I have a few questions.

Is it not a fact you went into the tegu forums and removed several of my posts long before I deleted any of my pictures?

Threads like Tegu care sheet, Tegu systematics, Breeding tegus, Incubation of tegus, Taming the beast, and lets not forget the thread Tegu give away contest from last year, all deleted before I removed the first picture. One thing I do find rather odd, you left the thread up where I said I would give one away this year. Is that so you can use it against me later on? I have thought long and hard about this, I can not think of a reason for you to leave that one, unless I hit the nail on the head.
Quote:
Quote:
Your exit ... Rich: Your deciding to leave this site is completely up to you, but I would appreciate it if you don't make it unbefitting of you.
Quote:
Quote:
Me: Not a problem Rich, the truth will always be my answer.
Quote:
Quote:
WebSlave: Not sure exactly what "truth" you have in mind, but it is pretty common around here for some to mistake their own personal opinions as some universal "truth" I don't think I need to go into details.Thanks.Rich Z. .
Quote:
Quote:
Rich: No offense, Bobby, but ever since that Adenovirus fiasco, you just haven't been the same person around here. Not sure exactly what all happened, as I was only skimming the theads at the time, but I have seen a definite change in you since that time.Sorry to see you go, but I guess you gotta do what you've gotta do.Take care.Rich Z.
Quote:
Quote:
Me: OK Rich, whatever you say. The truth as being you editing my posts, pulling my paid membership benefits, supporting scum, and playing with my signature. You forget I am a $100.00 paid member? So what part is not true? You tell me.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard Bold: OK Rich, whatever you say. The truth as being you editing my posts, pulling my paid membership benefits, supporting scum, and playing with my signature. You forget I am a $100.00 paid member? So what part is not true? You tell me.
· you editing my posts -
news to me. When and where do you believe I did that? As best I can recall I have NEVER edited any of your posts. Do you have some evidence to support that claim?
· pulling my paid membership benefits - Which benefits are you talking about? YOU are the one who spitefully selected which user profile to use in reference to displaying the membership medallion. YOU also violated a trust by quoting something I said in the moderators forum and spreading it around in the futile hopes of causing damage. So yes, I removed your access there. Since you have publicly claimed you have revoked your moderator status and refuse to participate as a mod, your only reason for being there is likely to be malicious in nature. I can only assume you have done that in the past and will do so in the future. Not that what I say is any secret, but it's the thought on YOUR part that counts here.
· supporting scum - now you are just being silly.
· playing with my signature - No, I didn't PLAY with anything. I deleted a spiteful attempt by you to draw members away from this site to your new home. Do you seriously think I should allow you to promote a site you are admin on in an effort to rape THIS site to get members over there? Sorry, I didn't realize that I was REQUIRED to allow that.
· You forget I am a $100.00 paid member? Not at all. But that isn't carte blanche for you to do as you please even to the detriment of this site. Besides you have already stated you have revoked that status and leaving this site, so what do you care? In my opinion, you just want to make as much noise and stink as possible on the way out the door hoping you have a following that will go along with you. Sorry, I'm just not going to allow you nor anyone else to spitefully post signposts here pointing to other sites they wish people would follow them off to.

Bobby, you are welcome to leave any time you want to. But if I see you trying to cause damage upon your exit you will really leave me no choice in how to deal with it.
Then I pulled my pictures. I also take it back rich, you did not edit my posts, you just removed them completely. Keep the hunderd bucks, it was a lesson well learned. It shows the true nature of people I did have a world of respect for.

Lets not forget this:

Quote:
Varnyard: So you are saying I had no right to defend myself? Ed had every right to ding me after he started with calling me a liar, a disgrace to all things good, as well as calling me ignorant.
Quote:
Rich: If you had kept your response limited to just personal or business aspects, then no, I wouldn't have had a problem with the discourse between yourself and Ed. But once you brought up the bashing concerning Ed's moderation, then yes, you did trip the wire. In my opinion you post was designed to antagonize a moderator because of their actions within that role.

I'm sorry Bobby, but your own words are what I used as evidence on how to call this shot. You really can't argue the point that your post was NOT designed to antagonize a moderator for doing his duties AS a moderator.
Yet Ed, is still hitting the buttons behind this crap, hit me with some more bad Karma, Ed, but don't think what you do now will not fall on your head later on. It all rolls down hill in the end.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #110
Mooing Tricycle

Harald I told you he might not have known thats what happend. its my fault that i forgot to mention it to him that they might fall back out of date.

Bobby i am sorry for not letting you know sooner, that was my own fault, since harald had mentioned to me that, when unstickied, they would fall back into place according to the date they were made.

Bobby is not whining, as his GoodBye post WAS deleted. But he just simply did not know that happened when the posts became unstickied. Again, im sorry bobby, i knew and forgot to tell you. <3 - Alicia

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread