And you all wonder why I have to make the restrictions I do... - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #111
hhmoore
You're right, Alicia, whining is not the term I would have chosen...I was adjusting my words for the public forum.
It took me just a couple minutes to pull up all those links, using the descriptors Bobby himself posted here. And he has been stewing about this for how long? I know that if I thought a thread of mine had been deleted, I would look for it to be sure before posting...if for no other reason than to avoid what just happened here

Old 06-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #112
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
You're right, Alicia, whining is not the term I would have chosen...I was adjusting my words for the public forum.
It took me just a couple minutes to pull up all those links, using the descriptors Bobby himself posted here. And he has been stewing about this for how long? I know that if I thought a thread of mine had been deleted, I would look for it to be sure before posting...to avoid what just happened here
stuff happens. I know ive been quick to post things that i probably should have looked up myself. I dont feel bobby is looking at fauna a whole lot now, and him having thought that the threads were gone, he probably wouldnt have thought to look them up. Again, like i said. Stuff happens. It was a mistake, and I KNEW and forgot to forward the information to him. That, is my own fault.

I Respect alot of people here, and id hate for them to get into pissing matches with eachother over silly stuff like this.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #113
hhmoore
Alicia, you can't fault yourself for Bobby not taking the time to check the accuracy of his claims. This isn't about a pissing contest - he made accusations that were groundless, and he got called on it.
It would be even funnier if he unstuck those threads himself, then got all worked up because they weren't there...Alright - who unstuck the threads? Fess up time.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #114
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
his GoodBye post WAS deleted.
I can confirm that. I saw, and read his post. It was in the Tegu forum. When I went back a short while later, it was gone. I even pulled up his profile and searched his post history, it was not there.

I believe it was titled "Varnyard Out".

Old 06-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #115
hhmoore
I believed Alicia about the goodbye thread...but Bobby, for whatever reasons, didn't mention it. My only issue was with the false claims he was making.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #116
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
I Respect alot of people here, and id hate for them to get into pissing matches with eachother over silly stuff like this.
Then the best advice to give them is to say what they mean and mean what they say. And to count to 100 before hitting "Submit Reply" when you are angry or otherwise emotional. Some of the time you might change your mind, not always by any means, but some of the time.

Oh, and if you say you're gone, be gone, at least for a week or two. Bobby keeps coming back to leave another stinking pile of poo, further damaging or even destroying the goodwill and respect that he had gained over his time here before his recent meltdown.

As for Bobby's goodbye post, does anyone recall if it contained an attack on the site or on Rich? If it did then I would have deleted it were I Rich.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #117
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
As for Bobby's goodbye post, does anyone recall if it contained an attack on the site or on Rich? If it did then I would have deleted it were I Rich.
I don't remember it verbatim, but it was very non-confrontational. I read it and went "what? why?" because there wasn't anything in it to indicate anything other than he was leaving. It was only one or two short sentences, basically "I'm leaving, bye."

No attack on Rich or Fauna. There wasn't anyting to warrant deletion by a mod.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #118
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Oh, and if you say you're gone, be gone, at least for a week or two. Bobby keeps coming back to leave another stinking pile of poo, further damaging or even destroying the goodwill and respect that he had gained over his time here before his recent meltdown.

well it dosnt help if people keep mentioning things, or saying things that are to him or about him, i dont think its fair to say, well you said you were gone, so be gone, when things are continually said about that person.

Bobby would have been gone, but this thread was pretty obviously about the stuff that happened when he decided to leave, so i dont think it fair to ask him to sit and be quiet about that.

If there were a thread like this and you were the one mentioned, and you said "im done bye" would you just let people keep on talking or mentioning things about you, or what youve done? Probably not. As far as the sitewide use of fauna, i do think bobby isnt going to be using the site, so until things are settled or not, and this thread dies, i dont see anything wrong with him posting to defend himself. Y'know?

I know id keep posting if stuff was still brought up. *shrugs* but maybe thats just me.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #119
hhmoore
Quote:
Sorry, I'm just not going to allow you nor anyone else to spitefully post signposts here pointing to other sites they wish people would follow them off to.
A hint, perhaps? Did he make note of what forum he would be playing on in that post?
Hell, just to throw out the other option (since he didn't mention that one as being deleted), maybe he deleted it himself.
I guess to be fair, I should ask this one, too: OK, what happened to Bobby's goodbye post?

Old 06-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #120
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
maybe he deleted it himself.
I guess to be fair, I should ask this one, too: OK, what happened to Bobby's goodbye post?
If he was no longer in a moderator position, would he be able to delete his own thread?

But I would think that one of the site mods should be able to pull up what happened to it, and who did what.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread