And you all wonder why I have to make the restrictions I do... - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #171
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Thank you Micheal. Obviously some people can see the obvious....

Yes, I am a common denominator simply because it could not be any other way. I, solely, make the decisions here and implement them. It is because of that, the resistance for those changes can't help but have me in the middle of it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that one, I hope. How could it be otherwise? And in all those instances, I think anyone reading the threads associated with each and every conflict revolving around said changes I have tried to make, will see pretty plainly evidence akin to someone poking at a dog with a stick, because it's not doing what they want it to do, until the dog finally gets fed up enough to turn around and bite a chunk out of their butt. And they then go crying off into the sunset about that "bad" dog.
Then Rich, stop asking for people's input. Stop asking for their advice or creating an arena whereby you receive it. Stop creating threads whereby you are simply asking to create drama. All of these issues are why I refer to you as a sadist. You enjoy being the Great All Knowing Oz and I truly believe you like being the dog getting poked with a stick.

Do you know what's sad Rich? Other than the threads that get out of hand and get people all worked up....what else have YOU brought to the table lately? You may be the most active member in the corn forums or a variety thereof but when I think of Rich Z, these threads are the only thing I think of. If you're tired of getting poked then just do what you please and stop eliciting input.

Griz

Old 06-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #172
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Well, It's not really. I think you missed what I was saying~ it's not the act of telling someone their plan is unworkable or pointing out logic flaws that causes people to sometimes react badly to you. It's a knack you have for saying something~ that while it may be perfectly logical and to most people no big deal~ just so happens to hit your opponents hot button. (with me it was when you implied I thought I was entitled to special treatment........that was my "hot button" at that point and you nailed it right away! I was already accelerated and that turned me right into a raving lunatic!) Some people go out of their way looking for peoples hot buttons...(we all know people who do that)...you just seem to hit them without any evidence you were looking for it....almost every time! And because there was no evidence you were looking for it......it hits harder and causes more sputtering.

Thats all~ it's not that your starting these fights necessarily~ it's just that your so good at it you accelerate others sometimes when maybe a little deceleration would suit your purposes better.

Hope you take that in the manner it is intended~ as a helpfull observation.
No, it's not intentional Cheryl. But I believe I have always had this knack of getting directly to the heart of the matter by stripping away all the fluff in what someone says, and breaking it down to basic elements. Probably comes from my years being a computer troubleshooter where I had to deal with people trying to describe to me what was wrong, and I had to pick out only what was really relevant and focus on that.

Sorry...........

Old 06-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #173
Griz
Quote:
So why did Mike actually leave? If I am reading him correctly, he left because there were some members here that he did not want to be associated with.
Those of us that know Mike just took GREAT exception to your understanding.

Griz

Old 06-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #174
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Then Rich, stop asking for people's input. Stop asking for their advice or creating an arena whereby you receive it. Stop creating threads whereby you are simply asking to create drama. All of these issues are why I refer to you as a sadist. You enjoy being the Great All Knowing Oz and I truly believe you like being the dog getting poked with a stick.

Do you know what's sad Rich? Other than the threads that get out of hand and get people all worked up....what else have YOU brought to the table lately? You may be the most active member in the corn forums or a variety thereof but when I think of Rich Z, these threads are the only thing I think of. If you're tired of getting poked then just do what you please and stop eliciting input.

Griz
In a nutshell:

"Rich, close down the feedback forum. Don't ask for opinions before hand, don't ask for feeback afterwards."

That about cover it, Bob? So tell me, how many people would break out the stick and begin poking me over THIS decision?

Old 06-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #175
Griz
Quote:
In a nutshell:

"Rich, close down the feedback forum. Don't ask for opinions before hand, don't ask for feeback afterwards."

That about cover it, Bob? So tell me, how many people would break out the stick and begin poking me over THIS decision?
Yes, Rich, that's pretty much right on the money. I have yet to see you acquiesce to anything anyone else has stated. I have yet to see you place any real value in the input of others so why bother? Hell, I reckon I should ask myself that question. Bob, why do you bother? I don't know. I just don't know.

Griz

Old 06-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #176
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Those of us that know Mike just took GREAT exception to your understanding.

Griz
That's the last prod with the stick I will allow you Bob. I can take your previous advice selectively by just removing those people individually who are poking me. Apparently that is the only reason you are here lately. 14 of your last 16 posts have been in this thread alone merely to poke at me.

One more and you are done here. This is the growl before the bite.

And thanks for your suggestion about how to do this.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:36 PM   #177
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
If those mod powers I don't use allowed me to lock this thread for a cool down period I would~
But I can't

So how about~
DING! DING! DING!~ everyone back to your corners for a cool down

Please

Old 06-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #178
Griz
I hope Rich that one day you will see my input for what it was meant to be. Helpful. While I may lack tact now and then, my advice was never intended to upset you or get you riled up. If I did not care about Fauna I would have left long ago.

Griz

Old 06-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #179
Stardust
Dang.

The feedback forum is just that, a feedback forum. The problem doesn't lay if a question or suggestion is asked or given it occurs when it is not fully incorporated.

I will use myself as an example since I don't want to seem like I am putting words in anyones mouth.
If I ask a question concerning an idea it is a legit question. I am not saying I will use the advice solicited but want to take different views into consideration-big difference. Since when is asking for input wrong? I guess since the input was not taken fully it then becomes wrong? Just because one asks for feedback doesn't mean one will take the advice fully, but at least it will be thought about and there was care or respect enough to ask in the first place.

If I remember correctly it wasn't Rich's idea to pay to go on the BOI but he did see it at the time a good idea and did it. Obviously that idea did not pan out, lesson learned. Trial and error and all that fun stuff.

As far as people not liking people on here or as mini mods, it is still a process in the trial arena and being covered, like everything else, a learn as you go thing.
How many people here check every person in every store before you buy your food or clothing or whatever it is that you are buying? Do you walk in a store and find out if there is someone that you may not like there and if there is you just don't go to that store? It is ridiculous to think that so why is it different for a website? Truth is we all go to places that have less then what our own standards are. The system is set up so that the people "working" are punishable by "firing" just as a customer is punishable by stealing.
I know I am not getting this out correctly, my mind is going off into several directions and sometimes I have a hard time putting thought into writing, I am not a writer but I hope you get the drift of what I am saying here. :ack: this is just not a good writing day for me.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #180
Stardust
Quote:
I think I need to expand on one detail in Michael's post that may not be obvious to a lot of people.

So why did Mike actually leave? If I am reading him correctly, he left because there were some members here that he did not want to be associated with. When someone approaches me with that implied ultimatum, how do YOU all think I should address it? Should I have said "Sure, Mike, tell me which members you want gone from here, and I'll do it." Is THAT the way it should have gone? Would it be best for me to weigh the value of each member making this request and acting accordingly? How would YOU feel if you got a notice saying, "Sorry, but a member that I consider more valuable than you has requested that you be banned from this site. Have a nice day."

Do you all really want me to entertain the option of giving EVERYONE the power to ban someone else merely based on their own opinion of who should be here and who should not? I can do that, you know, but if you think the WS mod program is interesting, this one will be a REAL HOOT.

So if that is what you all really want, sure, let me know. Let's see what happens when I start taking other people's advice without my considering the fallout. Bear in mind, however, that not everyone making suggestions will actually have the best interests of this site in mind. So be careful about what you wish for.

If you all will just stop and think about this, I already AM giving you the power, collectively, to "take out the trash". That is what the WS mod program is all about. So in effect, if you all want certain people gone from here, do it yourself and don't ask ME to do your dirty work for you.
Rich, with all due respect, if you do this why not just close down the site completely?
That is what it would amount to as everyone here has someone they don't particularly care for, so in essence everyone would be getting rid of everyone, only at a slower pace then just shutting down the site.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread