Yolandi (albino boa) mite eradication updates - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
BlueCrowned
Yolandi (albino boa) mite eradication updates

I think the PAM did the trick! I picked a bunch of dead mites off her last night and while there is scale damage left over she's looking really great so I spent some time with her. She has a wonderful disposition, my corn snake is definitely a lot more feisty!
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #2
BlueCrowned
She was sold to me as Albino with no qualifiers ($180) so I assume she's probably a Kahl albino, but if anyone more knowledgeable has any thoughts please let me know.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #3
bcr229
There's no way to know which line of albino she is without breeding her. The problem is that if you guess wrong you get double-hets, which no one wants.

Just remember to keep up the mite treatment as an egg can take up to 30 days to hatch. Miss even one female and in a few weeks you have a full reinfestation to deal with.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
Lucille
Love the name. Named after Visser?

Old 04-15-2017, 03:21 AM   #5
BlueCrowned
Yep, her full name is Yolandi Hi$$er lol

Old 04-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #6
ElexisC
if the line wasn't labeled assume kahl. most don't specify when it's kahl, sharp and others are also more expensive. I'm shocked you only paid 180.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 04-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #7
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
There's no way to know which line of albino she is without breeding her. The problem is that if you guess wrong you get double-hets, which no one wants.

Just remember to keep up the mite treatment as an egg can take up to 30 days to hatch. Miss even one female and in a few weeks you have a full reinfestation to deal with.
actually I'd want a double het. might seem stupid but I've always wanted to see what would happen, never been able to find anything out about if it was done or not. probably wouldn't look much different but hey we can all have any interest even if it leads no where lol

Old 04-15-2017, 11:24 PM   #8
BlueCrowned
I love genetics so I would be interested in that as well personally! I have no plans to breed though, breeding feeder mice and society finches is stressful enough lol

Old 04-15-2017, 11:31 PM   #9
ElexisC
I'd like to think breeding boas is less stressful than mice lmao momma boa doesn't eat the babies because whatever lol

Old 04-16-2017, 01:21 AM   #10
elena
Double albinos have been produced in other species, and so far nothing really special has happened. I know it's been done with leopard geckos and gopher snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!