how old?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Boas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
richard.c
how old??

how old should a female boa be to start or try to breed?
i can't find a steady answer some people told me 3-4 feet is the right size and some say 3 yrs old so HELP me pls understand what it really is..thank you
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
DAND
I wouldn't breed any earlier than 3 years old and only if she is at least 6 feet long.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
Hypoboa1
I wouldn't even to attempt breeding your female unless she is at least 3 years of age,6ft in length an at least 10 lbs of body weight.Others have bread successfully at smaller sizes but this is my own opinion an how I do my females.Good luck with your journey.Thanks Eric [hypoboa]

Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
bigdogg
Perfect answers right there. And in my opinion do not try to power feed ur females to get them to 6 feet in 2 years or else they will only breed 2 or 3 times or not at all cause it rips up their insides.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #5
D & D House of Rep
for my females i wait till they are at least 3 to 5 years old and wiegh a good 30 pounds you will find that at that time when you faten them up they will through the bigger clutches bigdog has a very good point you do not want to power feed its beter off to wait then to rush right into it cause then you might take a chance on killing your breeding stock

Old 09-09-2006, 02:47 AM   #6
bigdogg
yeah i mean u can breed a female when it is 3 years and at least 10 pounds but the litter is gonna be small.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread