Need advice about buying python from out-of-state - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
kidfixer
Need advice about buying python from out-of-state

I found a guy who wants to sell his 5 y/o male Green Tree python for only $150 shipped (cheaper than I've seen anywhere else). My only hesitation is he is in N. Carolina and I'm in Dallas. He said he's shipped reptiles in the past with no problems...and he'd offer LAG and accept PayPal. Its a smokin deal...I just dont want to end up with a snake blowing bubbles two days after it arrives..

My other concern is...the Lone Star Reptile Expo is coming to town in two weeks, and I'm wondering if I wouldn't be able to find one there for the same price?? I've never been to a reptile expo so I have no idea if prices are really cheap or really expensive. But this seller is not gonna hold this snake for two weeks while I comparison shop. Has anyone here shipped a GTP, or had one shipped to them during winter? Are they hardy snakes?

What would you guys do? (any advice is greatly appreciated).

Old 12-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
Cat_72
While I can't help you out with the pricing issue (I honestly know nothing about GTP markets)...I can tell you that if the animal is properly packed and shipped, I wouldn't have any worries about ill effects on their health. I live in northern Iowa, and have shipped and had many animals shipped to me in the dead of winter...and all that were properly packed arrived no worse for their journey. Ask for specifics about how the animal will be shipped - what carrier will be used, what kind of packing material, use of heat packs, that sort of thing. If you don't feel comfortable with his answers, don't do it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!