Info Ben Siegel Troubles - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #71
scosta56
I didn't compare my mental issues to that of Ben's. If you re-read my post you will clearly see that I said all mental illnesses are different.I am in no way shape or form comparing myself to Ben. My only interest is that something is to be done to prevent these things from happening again. Based off the previous poster above you he agrees with me all the same. Tender subject or not for you everyone deseves to place their point of view up without being attacked by other members who don't share their opinions. I agree 100% that Ben is now a danger and needs the help from real doctors. He is a danger to himself as well as others. I am in no way shape or form down playing any mental conditions people may suffer from. Nor am I trying to compare my issues to that of his. I clearly stated whether he has a mental illness or not it is no excuse for him to be able to commit harm to innocent people. No excuse.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #72
rosebud945
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirenSanJose View Post
Where are you seeing that? A "no animals" clause generally comes with a conviction, not an arrest --
I heard it in the vid. The judge stated that he is not to have reptiles in his possession and he agreed that he would not. Listen to the vid I posted.

I am glad to know that there is a co owner. That will save the store, but if he were a sole owner/shareholder, the store would be vulnerable to closure if that owner is handed an animal cruelty charge.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #73
scosta56
After reading my earlier post I can see how it came off as if I was trying to compare myself with Ben . I can definitely assure you it wasn't my intention. My intention was just because someone has a mental condition it isn't a excuse to commit violence towards others. I didn't mean to have it taken as me comparing our illness. Not at all. There is no comparison. Everyone is different . Everyone experienced things differently. My only issue was just because he does suffer from a mental illness it doesn't him a pass to commit acts of violence towards others or animals. Sorry for any confusion.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:09 PM   #74
rosebud945
I also hope he gets the care he obviously needs. Bipolar disorder is a very, very difficult thing to deal with for the person who is suffering from it and for everyone around him. They become completely irrational, but then they have moments of clarity and they are usually filled with guilt when they do. I have a sister who is bipolar, and I worked with a guitar player who was. This is a hard disorder to live with, and knowing that he has this, I feel compelled to cut him some slack. He needs to give up on keeping animals as they are too vulnerable when he does have an episode, but if this is a bipolar episode, then he might not be responsible for his actions.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #75
scosta56
It doesn't **give ** him a pass.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #76
Billy1138
after watching the video, it seems that the no possession of animals is coming from revoking of his bond, and from previous charges. I believe this new charge violated orders of his previous charges, and therefore he was revoked.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:21 PM   #77
rosebud945
This kind of legal trouble, especially if it involves allegations of animal abuse, can be devastating for the business if the county decides that he should be banned from owning animals permanently. This isn't just one isolated incident. However, because there is a co owner, then the business might be fine, but will it continue to carry his name? I know this is speculation on my part. I just care about what happens to the animals in that store. We have all seen what happens to animals when counties or states decide to stick their noses into reptile related businesses. Sometimes they have no business doing it and sometimes they are justified.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #78
LilysPetJungle
I don't have much to add to this, except that I hope he gets some help. It's very, very difficult to get someone with mental illness the help they need. Sometimes the doctors themselves are no help.

This is the only mention made of it on the BSR page on Facebook, and the comments are absolutely brutal.

Ben Siegel Reptiles
2 hrs ·
To All of Our BSR Friends and Family,
We are sure many of you have heard about the recent allegations that have been made against Ben Siegel. We wanted to make sure you heard directly from us that they are not accurate and will be defended in the appropriate forum. As always, the safety of the animals at BSR is our number one priority and our 15 year history speaks for itself.
Many of you are also aware of the trying circumstances under which we have been operating for the past several months as we have been helping Ben to recuperate. His friends and family are working round the clock to give Ben the support he needs and we thank so many of you who have offered your help during this difficult period. We will continue to work hard to ensure the safety of our animals and to ensure that you, our loyal and faithful friends and customers, are taken care of responsively and authentically, as you always have been.
With your continued support, Ben will recover just fine and BSR will continue to serve all of your reptile needs.
Thanks for your continued friendship,
Ben’s Family and BSR Employees

I don't condone what he did. But I can understand how difficult this is to deal with. It's a very unfortunate incident, and I feel for everyone involved.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:02 PM   #80
LilysPetJungle
I should also state I'm not in any way affiliated with BSR.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!