Info Fauna user CGKeith, AKA Keith LaVoo, Casa Grande, AZ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:53 AM   #1
LauraB
Fauna user CGKeith, AKA Keith LaVoo, Casa Grande, AZ

He's advertising Eastern Box babies. His newest ad placed here 3-14-2015:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=522782

I have PM's from him with the same photos from his current ad, as well as screen shots of all old 2012 ads with the same pics, should he try to delete those old ads.

9-13-2012 - same ad, same pics
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=346698

9-27-2012 - same ad, same pics
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=350762

11-29-2012 - yada yada
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=366425

12-30-2012 - and ditto
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=372463

Old 03-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
wohlerswi
Why do you care? And most certainly why bring this to the boi? Some of you guys have way to much time on your hands. Are you trying to imply he is a scammer or even a bad guy? Who died and left you the turtle police? He never stated the pic was an available baby. Some people are busy and don't want to spend the time on taking pics of every animal. If it's his picture what is the harm in using a stock photo to give you an idea of what his animals look like. Businesses do it all the time. Please stop trying to be the turtle police and find something worthwhile to do with your spare time. Please stop spamming the BOI with this garbage and only use it for what it's intended for. ....legitimate business experiences.
Will

Old 03-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
For my own clarity of understanding-

Were photos of the currently available animals requested?

Were photos provided in response to the above specific request?

Were the photos provided in response to the above specific request the same photos used in ads years ago?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:48 PM   #4
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
For my own clarity of understanding-

Were photos of the currently available animals requested?

Were photos provided in response to the above specific request?

Were the photos provided in response to the above specific request the same photos used in ads years ago?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, I did ask for current photos. I did ask for photos of parents and he did PM the photos of parents. I did also ask how old the photo of the baby in his ad was. I got no response to that question, nor current pics.

He also did say, "I have 7 from this past years hatching that are now about 7 months old and I have 2 that are a year older from the prior years hatching."

Nothing nefarious about that, but why use 2+ years old photos?

And no, Will, I am not implying he is a scammer or bad guy (hence, the "info" tag). I just found it odd my questions went unanswered and he used the same 2+ year-old photos. I'm more than aware businesses use "stock" photos to represent animals. Uh, I already know what baby turtles look like; I don't need "respresentative" photos.
Quote:
Who died and left you the turtle police?
LOL ... no one. Might be cool, though, to have inherited the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, re: turtle police.
Quote:
Please stop trying to be the turtle police and find something worthwhile to do with your spare time
Thank you for the life lesson, sensei. I shall take your wise words under advisement.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #5
BLUAZUL1
East Coast box turtles

Just did business with Keith La Voo it was very professional, turtles were packaged great the baby boxies were in great shape just beautiful.Will do business with Keith again. He is a Good Guy and cares about his animals.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #6
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
LOL ... no one. Might be cool, though, to have inherited the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, re: turtle police.
ooooh! I want to join you in taking care of the TMNT!

And I for one don't like the idea of someone using and reusing photos from previous ads...It makes no sense. If you have the animals then you should be able to take updated photos.

Glad to hear that some have had good experiences with this seller, but I wouldn't deal with him because he reuses pictures. But that's me...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!