HA HA REPTILES - anyone do business with them recently? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-28-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
dzoo
HA HA REPTILES - anyone do business with them recently?

Has anyone done business with HA HA REPTILES ?

Old 07-02-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
dzoo
hahareptiles.com

Well I got an order from them, animals were o.k. (80 '05 turtles, frogs, scorpions, pretty foolproof) but packaging and shipping was not too hot, paid $49.95 for shipping - the order was sent in a small (shoe box size) plain cardboard box, not styro, no cool packs, very little cushioning material, mailed overnight thru post office (postage was 21.00). Animals were very warm upon arrival.

I doubt we will order from them again if this is their usual shipping method.

Old 07-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #3
gmherps
Thanks for the heads up Jon. It's a shame that some people really seem to not care for the animals.

Old 07-02-2005, 09:51 AM   #4
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzoo
Well I got an order from them, animals were o.k. (80 '05 turtles, frogs, scorpions, pretty foolproof) but packaging and shipping was not too hot, paid $49.95 for shipping - the order was sent in a small (shoe box size) plain cardboard box, not styro, no cool packs, very little cushioning material, mailed overnight thru post office (postage was 21.00). Animals were very warm upon arrival.
So they care not about the reptiles AND they made a profit on shipping. Lovely. For $50 you should have gotten professional packaging and door to door service with guaranteed AM delivery. Of course that is JMHO.

Did you take any photos of the box, or can you, so it they can be posted here for posterity?

Old 07-02-2005, 11:39 AM   #5
DAND
The name alone would have been a deterrant for me. I'd bet they are HA HA'ing all the way to the bank. Just another clown (pun intended) added to the do not deal with list.

At least the animals made it there alive.

Old 07-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #6
dzoo
Don't get me wrong, the animals I got seem to be in great shape and the price, selection and communication was good. The terms of their warranty and live delivery guarantee as stated on the website are far above industry norms (30 day guarantee).

Definately not the worst shipment I have ever received. Just the shipping method was not the best. The animals were packed correctly inside the box (deli cups with moss) but the outer box and packing was not adequate.If they can get that corrected they may be a good company to deal with.

They apparently have their own turtle farm http://www.allapattahflats.com/ which is what initially attracted me to them after seeing an ad on KS, HaHa is their wholesale division then they also have several other website.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
dzoo
I addressed my concerns with the owner, Mr. Felton Willis and he seemed genuinely concerned and assured me that this will be communicated with his staff and corrected in the future.
I should have talked with him before posting.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:03 AM   #8
romad119
Seems a good site.

The site at least is pretty well put together. Did you pass this feedback to them? Possibly not true here, but it seems that often people don't give any feedback to the seller.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:30 PM   #9
turtlepimp
Jon,for the record,Allapattah Flats Turtle Reserve is NOT owned by Ha Ha Reptiles.It is owned by Al Weinberg.HaHa is owned by Felton Willis,who also owns Reptile City,TurtleCity,and I am sure a host of other overly advertised online Death Bowl sites.

Have I ever bought anything from Felton?No.Would I piss on him if he was on fire?No.

Andy Sury

Old 07-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #10
brucestephenson
Hey Andy,

Can you tell us more about him? What are you saying, big guy?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!