Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:18 AM   #141
Manny
I visit Mike's store on a weekly basis and I can tell you or anyone that the store is clean and the animals are healthy and well taken care of. It doesn't matter at whatever time you walk into his store, someone is always cleaning, watering, and feeding the animals. For whatever reasons this original bad guy post was made, it is not the case now. I believe that Mike has matured into a responsible business man and manager and has aquired the help he needs to maintain his shop. That altogether with a new location with adequate space.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:23 PM   #142
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by smwboxer View Post
Wow, the original post was over FOUR YEARS ago!
I'll give you a hint...... Boi threads are ongoing regardless of when the thread was first started.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #143
iggy22
The employees in this store are rude and unprofessional. I asked a employee a question about one of there display animals and he said he will only answer questions if I purchase the animal.There selection isn't that good compared to the higher end exotic petshops and witj the way I was treated I will never visit again. They had 2 skunks in a 10 gallon aquarium which seemed to be a form of animal abuse- those poor skunks where desperately trying to escape the little aquarium the whole time I was there.Hopefully they improve there customer service

Old 07-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #144
iggy22
The employees in this store are rude and unprofessional. I asked a employee a question about one of there display animals and he said he will only answer questions if I purchase the animal.There selection isn't that good compared to the higher end exotic petshops and with the way I was treated I will never visit again. They had 2 skunks in a 10 gallon aquarium which seemed to be a form of animal abuse- those poor skunks where desperately trying to escape the little aquarium the whole time I was there.Hopefully they improve there customer service

Old 07-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #145
spawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy22 View Post
The employees in this store are rude and unprofessional. I asked a employee a question about one of there display animals and he said he will only answer questions if I purchase the animal.There selection isn't that good compared to the higher end exotic petshops and witj the way I was treated I will never visit again. They had 2 skunks in a 10 gallon aquarium which seemed to be a form of animal abuse- those poor skunks where desperately trying to escape the little aquarium the whole time I was there.Hopefully they improve there customer service

Are you serious?????? This isn't just you being mad about something and overreacting? He told you he won't answer you something unless you COMMIT to buy it??

Old 07-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #146
Ozzie2011
I bought a Ornate Uromastyx hatchling from Mike at Snakes At Sunset. I stressed to Mike how I wanted a Male Ornate. I ended up receiving a female , now since my Ornate has grown over the months it is evident it is a female. I know it is very hard to tell at that age so I do not hold Mike at fault. My over all experience with Mike was awesome and my Uro is healthy but just not a male LOL. I would do business with Mike again. Let me know when you have a male Ornate , Mike I still adore my female from you!!

Old 07-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #147
Snakesatsunset
Michael Diaz- Iggy - seriously? There is no way that anyone here would say that.
You have questions we answer and ask you if you need help. If you want to "hold" something that we don't want to be stressed and held, we won't take it out. Like a GTP or Emerald. Or even some monitors among other things. If I remember you correctly you came in with a friend and asked to hold something we were not comfortable letting people hold. We also have lots of animals boarding that we cannot let people hold because they are not ours.
The skunks were sold and waiting for pickup. They are in a 20gallon long, and not a permanent cage as they are leaving or left by now. We put them in a box or ten gallon while we clean their cage, as they make a mess almost hourly!
We have almost every single item on our website
Http://www.snakesatsunset.com and at last check that was about 200+ different types of animals in the store.
We stay away from high end ball pythons in general but have $500 frogs.
So your definition of high end Maybe different then ours. Popular is not what we go for, we like supplying breeders and hobbyists with high end RARE animals as well as the normal stuff. Which we have plenty of in the store.
If you misunderstood us and our reasoning on why we wouldn't take something out, I apologize. We don't stress certain animals needlessly.

Jennifer - it's a girl?! She must be very colorful for a girl as a baby she was super pretty compared to the other babies. I remember your order. Next baby season I'll give you 50% off the next one if you still need a male. Hopefully I can get it right this time for you. It's so hard on the hatchlings to sex accurately.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #148
TeguBuzz
I received the most beautiful male blue tegu from Snakes at Sunset some three years ago and couldn't have been happier.

Mike is a stand up guy in my book and the transaction and shipping went very smoothly. Mike, not sure if you remember me - the male I purchased from you was tame as a dog, not a hatchling and around juvenile - sub adult.

Many of you may have seen him (the blue tegu) on YouTube in my vids, if you haven't - he was Sobek the blue. Was one of the finest tegus I had ever obtained and I will not hesitate to do business with Snakes at Sunset many more times. Love their stock and the variety is great.

+1

Old 07-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #149
Snakesatsunset
I remember him!! and every time someone mentions "blue tegu" I kick myself for selling him.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #150
mjsimet
I have purchased a multitude of animals from Mike in the last few years. Arg tegu, black throat monitor, mice, feeders. Never had any issues whatsoever. Always found their store to be neatly put together and never once thought any animals were being treated poorly. I will continue to go to SAS in the future and have directed many friends to his store.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!