Its here Its here. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-18-2003, 07:00 PM   #1
HerpVenue
Its here Its here.

Well pretty much here.

Isabella is heading up to Maryland.

I am at home with my cable modem.
Sitting out the storm with my cable modem connected to the internet.

My friend is also at home with his "connection"
or should I say lack thereof.

he got himself the Satelite Dish.............. he he he he heh e he he

But then again he has a Keg in his spare refrigirator.
I am the dummy who forgot to buy the beer.

But at least I have my internet.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:03 PM   #2
Glenn Bartley
Well I am pretty snug up here in NY although they say we will get winds up to about 50 to 55 mph tonight and in the early AM. My PC is connected over the phone lines, and if they go I have three bottles of wine and a 12 pack of Spaten, plus some Jack Daniels and some Kirshwasser (butt kickin German booze). If the phones or the power goes out I have that stuff and some good books to amuse me (as I am sure my wife will just snore away) and I've an awful lot of ordnance to protect us.

Stay safe whereever you all are, ride out the storm.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:05 PM   #3
Glenn Bartley
Did I forget to say I read by Coleman lantern!

Old 09-18-2003, 09:54 PM   #4
WebSlave
Yeah, if the Mid Atlantic Show had been THIS weekend instead of last weekend, if could have been a real drag with us driving up that way. They dodged the bullet a couple of years ago by having a hurricane pass through just a couple of days BEFORE the show. Matter of fact, we had to drive up route 85 from Tallahassee rather than route 95 because 95 was closed throughout the Carolinas.

At least that storm didn't keep the winds at 160 mph all the way to the coast. That could have been REAL ugly.

Take care.

Old 09-18-2003, 10:15 PM   #5
Ken Harbart
I'm happy to say that we dodged the bullet here on the Space Coast. Had Isabelle not turned and weakened, it would've been real ugly.

I wasn't looking forward to the thought of having to pack our Pavehawks onto a C-5 and trying to get some very broke C-130s out of here in the hours preceding landfall.

Nevermind the logistics of trying to evac myself and my pets.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!