*My special "Whiskey Burgers"* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
mxracer4life
*My special "Whiskey Burgers"*

This is something I like do, its probably not the best recipe out there but it works for me and my family. The best part of this recipe is you can change it up each and every time. Oh, the other good part is the cook gets a tad of whiskey, while cooking.

I take 2lbs of lean ground beef (80/20), place it in a large mixing bowl and add all of my ingredients.

Add a generous amount of desired brand of whiskey. I usually mix the whiskey into the meat and let marinate for a few hours, but don't always have time for this.

Cheese, usually 1/2-1 cup.

Oatmeal, about 1/4 cup, this absorbs the whiskey for a better taste in my opinion.

Desired seasonings, this is where I change it up quite a bit. Usually trying any of the burger/steak seasonings, along with garlic powder, salt, pepper etc. Play around with this one, I like it every time I try something different.

Finely sliced and diced onions.

Bacon pieces get thrown in occasionally.

Once it is all mixed together good, I patty out my burgers and cook at a low heat with whiskey added into the pan. Depending on how well you like your burger cooked will also determine your heat. I like medium.

While hamburger is cooking, I will cook up some bacon, saute some mushrooms and onions and get my bread ready. I like the big sesame seed hamburger buns.

Once everything is cooked up, I like to brown my buns a little, lol. Throw the burgers on the buns, add sauteed onions, mushroom and then place a generous amount of cheese on top, as the cheese melts it helps hold the burger together. Eat and finish off the whiskey!

What I like about my whiskey burgers is as the alcohol evaporates, you get that rich, sweet bourbon taste in your burger. Let me know if you find something else that works different or better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!