Transpecos copperhead - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2015, 08:26 PM   #1
JeffC
Transpecos copperhead

Hello, I've got a young female teanspecos copperhead WC that I got October 2014. I wintered her with all my other animals and as of this year she has eaten 1 fuzzy on 2/28/15 and a 1 fuzzy on 3/17/15. These are the only two meals she has taken since day I e had her. I washed the fuzzies and scented them with a wild rat. I try to feed her every week and she refuses to eat. The approach I have been using is tapping the rodent on her tail until she strikes it, then I get out of sight and don't disturb her. No noticeable weight loss. Any help appreciated! Thanks, Jeff

Old 09-17-2015, 05:44 AM   #2
Venoum78
I have WC copperheads that are pretty spotty on eating too. Usually it lasts a season and they settle in and start to feed normally. As long as it is being offered food and water and there is no weight loss. She starts to show a little spine and then you need to attempt assist or force feeding.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Old 09-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #3
JeffC
I have found she is a lizard eater. She feeds on Mediterranean geckos
Refuses to eat anything else. She accepted one f/t pink scented with a gecko, but refuses them every time now. For me it's been easier to get coral snakes
onto pinkies than this snake. Thanks for your reply. Jeff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!