Shipping - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
jwmckee
Shipping

Can anyone recommend a good shipper to use for a small python? Thaks in advance!!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
jwmckee
I've tried Fed-ex, UPS and DHL. No one will accept them. I'm not shipping the animal but believe it or not the person I purchased from on here is asking me!! Plesae help!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
Cat_72
Fedex is the only shipper that accepts snakes, but you need to be certified through them to ship. Is there by chance anyone near this person that may be certified who could help them out?

Did you know this person had no idea how to ship when you purchased the animal???

Old 03-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
jwmckee
No I didn't. I just received an email this morning from him stating Fed-EX told him there was a five day approval period before shipping snakes. I called Fed-EX and was told that they DO NOT ship snakes. I'm getting a little worried. Do you know of any other besides Delta Dash? Thanks Again!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
Cat_72
Some Fedex personnel actually don't KNOW that they ship snakes....really.

Try looking through some of the threads in the SHIPPING forum, there's some good info there. I've never heard of a 5-day approval period, perhaps they meant that it would take that long for him to put a test package through? I really don't know.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #6
hhmoore
As the subject of this thread is more appropriate to the shipping forum (and, in fact, the question has been answered many times over there), it has been moved.

The answer that Cat gave is correct, though: of the overnight carriers, FedEx is the only one that will BY POLICY ship snakes...and a waiver is required to do so. Delta Dash requires the shipper to be "recognized", so it is not as easy as it used to be, but in many cases the cost is not significantly more than FedEx.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!