Info Probable Overseas Scam - Pamelia Kates - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
bobbittle
Probable Overseas Scam - Pamelia Kates

I was cruising around the net hunting for ball pythons and came across a posting for pieds and albinos with no other info. I sent a message and within minutes received the following response:

==============================================
Thanks for the mail. I have albino and piebald ball pythons available to go out , They are hand raised and with all papers,has been fully checked, captive breed and also tested and have a good relationship with other pets and vet checked with up to date vet records.they are ready to go for adoption with free snakes box.I am looking for a good home and will meet up any requirements if need to be shipped.their weights are 400g and 430g and each are a little over 2ft. long, will come with a cites permit and 10months and 12months and 1year old respectively. They will be going out for free adoption and a free box and all you need to pay is the shipping fee . I am giving them for adoption because i am here for an assignment and my job requires a lot of time so i immediately realized that they are going to be lonely and as you know they are very delicate creatures and need alot of care and devotion and that is why i have decided to give them out to a loving and caring home where they will be loved and will be given all the time they need, so if you are interested.get back lets see how they get home..Where are you located and How soon do you want the snakes?, how many? and if needs To be shipped, then get back to me with your full address and the address of the closest airport to your location so that i should contact the shipping agency right away for flight reservation.I am just looking for any reptiles lover who will take good care of our pythons. They are well trained, easy to handle. comes along with all accessories and will be able to go to any body willing to take good care of them. They are great eaters and eats regular,they eats well and eats on frozen foods. they will be ready to live with any reptiles lover willing to take good care of them, their parents where very healthy and they are and will make a loving home pets for you Ok,Below are pictures of the albino and piebald so immediately get back to me as soon as possible so that we can proceed.

Thanks and Waiting for the infos
================================================== =====

Some pic's were also sent, and while they weren't blatant google image finds they aren't conclusive about anything for sure.

I'll reply back and see what else I hear, but I assume he/she'd steal your shipping money and you'd never see any "free" snakes.

Travis Douglas

Old 07-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
bobbittle
Follow up:

==============================================
Hello,

Thanks for the address and the information.Since i have your address now,I am going to proceed with the shipping and the snakes will be ship right at your address Ok,So I am shipping albino and piebald python as i informed you before,So what i also need in order to proceed with the shipping is your phone number and your full names so that i can get them register at the shipping agency Ok,I also need a shipping fee of 300$ Ok, You will have to sent the shipping fee to me directly or the shipping airlines will contact you and you pay the shipping fee directly to them Ok,So can you get back to me as soon as possible',
Thanks

Old 07-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
R. Eventide
This is a scam. I've seen it through a different person and for a different amount...but oddly enough, it was also for an albino and a piebald.

No one who knows anything about ball python morphs would sell $2000 worth of snakes for $300.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
Tiger Lilly
Email them back & tell them you are going to pay the airline directly because you have a "friend" that is a pilot there & can get a discount. Get HIS address & then throw in that your friend is actually making a trip out there and can pick them up himself.
Bet you don't hear from him after that!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!