OT animal sanctuary - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
dragongirl6
OT animal sanctuary

I spent the weekend at Pasado's Safe Haven in Monroe, WA. Thought I'd post some pictures of the rescue animals. I plan on doing an internship for a year when I graduate and I totally can't wait. I am hoping to introduce some sort of reptile/bearded dragon program since they do EVERY other type of animal.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
Seamus Haley
... if you knew it was off topic, why not just post it in a more appropriate forum?

The site owner knowcks himself out on a regular basis ensuring that the individual forums are appropriately titled, splitting busier ones into subcategories and combining some which don't see as much use. You blatantly crapped all over those efforts by generating a thread in a subforum that you knew was inappropriate. Further, you're hiding the thread from people who might actually care about the subject that would be inclined to browse the appropriate forum while simultaneously pushing threads down the page to the detriment of people who would be looking for bearded dragon related topics.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
dragongirl6
I looked in the mammal area. There was only a dog forum and a photo gallery, no general forum. So, I posted it here where I know a lot of people who might want to see it.

Also, there are not that many things posted on the bd forum. The things at the bottom of the cage are pretty out of date.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
Valley Dragons
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
... if you knew it was off topic, why not just post it in a more appropriate forum?

The site owner knowcks himself out on a regular basis ensuring that the individual forums are appropriately titled, splitting busier ones into subcategories and combining some which don't see as much use. You blatantly crapped all over those efforts by generating a thread in a subforum that you knew was inappropriate. Further, you're hiding the thread from people who might actually care about the subject that would be inclined to browse the appropriate forum while simultaneously pushing threads down the page to the detriment of people who would be looking for bearded dragon related topics.
Don't be such an ass. She was probably unaware that his is not acceptable here. The "OT" is considered perfectly fine on other sites, and used to foster a sense of community.

Jamie

Old 04-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
Beardiepal
I agree with ValleyDragons Seamus Haley

I posted about my squirrel on this forum and it was moved cordially and with understanding and respect. If you had responded to me in this manner I probably would have been very hesitant to stay on this wonderful forum. Or I would have said things I would have probably regretted. I believe that we, some of us fairly new members, are attempting to learn the rules and how to navigate around this massive website. I didn't even know there was a mammal forum until it was politely moved. Anna, I enjoyed your thread tremendously and I am so proud of your endeavors. If you scroll down further under mammals there is a place for general discussion. That was where my post about Sally Squirrel was moved. Take care Beth

Old 04-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
dragongirl6
Thanks Beth! I tried not to say anything too mean : )

I will see if I can move the post.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
Beardiepal
I don't think you can move it yourself. It obviously has not bothered anyone else so don't worry about it. When a moderator/facilitator comes along they will move it with a cordial explanation. Take care Beth

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!