Robert Sloan of Dallas, TX - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:10 PM   #161
Snake-Queen
I don't completely believe Bob, but without conformation from Steve, everything is supposition. If I were Bob, I wouldn't do anything either, without word from Steve. Since Steve refuses to communicate with Bob, it puts him in an awkward position, he can't spend the money, as the snakes are still in his possession, he can't ship the snakes without additional funds & a date when someone would be there to receive them and he can't refund without word from the seller that is what he wishes.

Actuality he can, he can send a certified letter w/signature to his place of business with a postal money order & a letter stating that due to the cease in communication, he the seller has chosen to terminate the transaction. Enclosed is the refund, minus the cost of the certified letter & $30 (reasonable care amount IMO) for the care and loss of sale due to the buyers ceasing communication. This is what I'd do. I wouldn't want to continue to be in limbo over the buyers lack of communication. You can't keep the money stating partial payment, as it was payment in full at the time of the deal.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:34 PM   #162
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Actuality he can, he can send a certified letter w/signature to his place of business with a postal money order & a letter stating that due to the cease in communication, he the seller has chosen to terminate the transaction.
Even operating under the assumption that all Sloan says is true, ending this situation is literally that simple. Even if I could muster a view of his intentions that's as undeservedly optimistic as your own, his choice to needlessly drag this out still reflects very poorly on him. With such an easy out, I have to suspect that he's sincere in his apparent belief that he's somehow entitled to keep all of the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Enclosed is the refund, minus the cost of the certified letter & $30 (reasonable care amount IMO) for the care and loss of sale due to the buyers ceasing communication.
IF, and that's becoming an ever-larger IF, he could prove his version of events, I'd agree that that's reasonable. He claims to have already posted all of the "contact" between them; the only phone calls he's mentioned thus far are unanswered ones. With that in mind, I have to say it's looking more and more like Steve's supposed 180-degree-turn on accepting the exorbitant overnight-shipping quote may exist only in Sloan's mind.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:42 PM   #163
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Even operating under the assumption that all Sloan says is true, ending this situation is literally that simple. Even if I could muster a view of his intentions that's as undeservedly optimistic as your own, his choice to needlessly drag this out still reflects very poorly on him. With such an easy out, I have to suspect that he's sincere in his apparent belief that he's somehow entitled to keep all of the money.
I have a suspicion that he does indeed believe he is entitled to the entire amount, which is why I stated that he couldn't call it a partial payment.

I may be optimistic, which is why I keep trying to give Sloan an out. Even guys with less than desirable backgrounds can do good. Unfortunately, I don't believe this is going to happen, because why would Sloan continue to drag this out when he has a very simple way to end this, especially if the version of the events he put forth is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
IF, and that's becoming an ever-larger IF, he could prove his version of events, I'd agree that that's reasonable. He claims to have already posted all of the "contact" between them; the only phone calls he's mentioned thus far are unanswered ones. With that in mind, I have to say it's looking more and more like Steve's supposed 180-degree-turn on accepting the exorbitant overnight-shipping quote may exist only in Sloan's mind.
It is probable that Steve sending more funds is a lie, as the last I read from Sloan is that Steve said ship 2 day & he'd accept responsibility if the animals died.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:56 PM   #164
Alterna Ranch
Rose smelling farts

Hope this post does not offend anyone....I have called Steve, I have sent an email to Steve. I will be sending him a certified letter tomorrow with a required signature and return receipt - not sure he will accept it because he is intent on filing some issue as opposed to accepting his snakes. I will not refund any money. He bought these at the end of December and told me shipping was spotty - you think? Temps in Michigan were never once above 30F at night and most of the time they were in the teens. Daytime temps there are still below 40F most days and colder at night. No one in this business or hobby would ever ship even overnight with temps like that and if anyone would - probably not going to end well. My only mistake was thinking I could ship third day as temps were very mild on my end and I have never shipped live animals like that. Apparently Steve or Evan did not know this either. I have his snakes and they are healthy, exceptional and feeding. I will ship them as soon as I receive the funds that will allow me to ship as per UPS/Fedex regulations - Overnight. I have posted actual screenshots of all of our messages and my email. I will do nothing more until Steve decides to act. It does not really matter what anyone here thinks because I have the money and the snakes and the ability and willingness to ship at Steve's request. Steve needs to respond.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #165
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterna Ranch View Post
Hope this post does not offend anyone....I have called Steve, I have sent an email to Steve. I will be sending him a certified letter tomorrow with a required signature and return receipt - not sure he will accept it because he is intent on filing some issue as opposed to accepting his snakes. I will not refund any money. He bought these at the end of December and told me shipping was spotty - you think? Temps in Michigan were never once above 30F at night and most of the time they were in the teens. Daytime temps there are still below 40F most days and colder at night. No one in this business or hobby would ever ship even overnight with temps like that and if anyone would - probably not going to end well. My only mistake was thinking I could ship third day as temps were very mild on my end and I have never shipped live animals like that. Apparently Steve or Evan did not know this either. I have his snakes and they are healthy, exceptional and feeding. I will ship them as soon as I receive the funds that will allow me to ship as per UPS/Fedex regulations - Overnight. I have posted actual screenshots of all of our messages and my email. I will do nothing more until Steve decides to act. It does not really matter what anyone here thinks because I have the money and the snakes and the ability and willingness to ship at Steve's request. Steve needs to respond.
I do not understand this (bolded).

Why continue to drag this out? The easiest solution is to refund and resell to a customer who will actually communicate with you. Unless, your reputation is so tarnished, that reselling them to someone else at the asking price is nearly impossible.

If your version of events is exactly how this transpired, then I for one would NOT want to deal with a customer who drops off the grid. Especially, since he doesn't appear to want the snakes any long nor pay additional funds for shipping.

Are you hoping to keep the $445 & the snakes? That would be my interpretation of why you refuse to terminate the transaction & refund. That sir is theft, regardless if the customer is communicating or not. I have given a way to end this, yet you refuse. Screams scammer to me.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:06 PM   #166
Alterna Ranch
Refund

Here is why I am not refunding any money right now. Steve has mentioned having his attorney send me the additional funds for overnight. He has cut off all communication. Evan Stahl posts Steve is filing some kind of legal complaint and as a result - I'm not doing anything until I see where this is going. I have no intention of keeping both his snakes and his money - he will will get one or the other, but not until this issue has been resolved and I do not think that is out of line based on the threats posted here by Evan Stahl, which by the way.....where is Evan? Crickets Chirping continues.........I have made a request via certified mail that Steve resolve this to both our satisfactions. Guess we will see what he does or doesn't do at this point. I have one of the most diverse, rare collections of Crotalus in America, as well as, some other very rare reptiles. I sell out every year. I got this pair in a trade and although they are super nice - not something I keep with 150+ alterna and 250+ Crotalus; not to mention all of the Texas protected reptiles - pre act and documented. So selling them to someone else is not the issue - he bought them and I have sat on them since January at HIS request due to his weather - not mine. I have done everything I can do and proven it beyond any doubt.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #167
Alterna Ranch
Resolution request sent

Today I have sent both a certified letter and the same letter via regular US mail. This letter is an offer to resolve this sale and issues. I have made every effort possible and posted only true and correct PROOF of this entire transaction. I will not do anything further until I hear from Steve Garvin. Both receipts show this went to Traverse City, MI
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2017, 03:57 AM   #168
kingpinreptiles
Thats funny you can reply to this thread BUT NOT THE THREAD ABOUT YOU STEALING MY PICS CLAIMING TO HAVE CB ALBINO SCARLET SNAKES FOR SALE WHEN YOU DONT!!!!!!!
And I just saw your facebook post where youre bad mouthing leucistic gray banded kings... and you STOLE my pics and Stu Tennysons pics.... NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT BOB?????

Old 04-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #169
Alterna Ranch
Hey Little Mikey

I have albino Texas Scarlet Snakes - they are documented in Letters of Permission from Texas Parks & Wildlife. Please call TP&W @ (800) 792-1112 and ask for Christopher Maldanado if you would like verification of my ownership of Albino Scarlet snakes before you run off at the mouth like you usually do. I also did not claim the pics of the "leucistic" alterna, but used the pics posted on the net for reference to show that those alleged "leucistic" alterna are in face a hybrid garbage snake created in captivity. Since I have a collection of 328 alterna - all collected by me or captive hatched from wild caught alterna by me, I think I know a garbage hybrid when I see one. And if in fact they are true leucistics - WHERE IS THE DNA PROOF? There is none because they are NOT a true leucistic like you and others claim. And if you ever want DNA testing done on those hybrids, please let me know as I can direct you to any number of graduate students at Texas A & M who will do it for you FREE! NO? Figures cause you'd rather try to sell FAKE leucistics then provide proof. A warning to anyone that is thinking about paying the insane price Mike Fezden is asking....at some point if you breed these garbage snakes out over a period of time - they will prove out to be just that - garbage hybrids. Show us some DNA or shut up!

Old 04-17-2017, 10:51 PM   #170
Alterna Ranch
Beating a dead horse

I'm done with the leucy alterna thing - anyone dumb enough to pay that for what is obviously a hybrid...well like John Wayne said - Life is hard - it's harder if you're stupid.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!