Terd Ferguson (HerpExpert) Herpetology101 - Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
Mike Greathouse
Terd Ferguson (HerpExpert) Herpetology101 - Inquiry

Has anyone had any dealings with Terd Ferguson (Username = HerpExpert) from Herpetology101? He has a diverse group of animals posted in the classifieds.

Any feedback?

Thank you,

Old 12-05-2006, 01:13 PM   #2
BoaMan Jon
That can't be a real name... It's from a SNL sketch 'Celebrity Jeopardy'

Old 12-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
PythonWallace
You beat me to it, Jon.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
liquidleaf
Maybe Terd is a typo, and it's Ted Ferguson?

Old 12-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #5
liquidleaf
And now, I can't find that username on this forum. Maybe it was a scam.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:36 AM   #6
Mike Greathouse
No, he has multiple ads in the classifieds.

Here is his profile:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=35149

Old 12-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #7
Wraith
He had been posting ads all over KS (a lot of them "will buy your [insert animal]") for a couple months then up and vanished around the beginning of this month. I don't think that bodes very well.

Adrian

Old 12-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
He had been posting ads all over KS (a lot of them "will buy your [insert animal]") for a couple months then up and vanished around the beginning of this month. I don't think that bodes very well.

Adrian

It's certainly curious, but can be easily explained away.

The biggest red flag in my opinion is the name Terd Ferguson.
A google search of that name yields many results. All seemingly referrring to a common name for an alias - similar to the use of a name like Jack Schitt.

Also, with someone with such a diverse group of animals available, you would think that somebody here would have had a transaction with him.

Anybody?

Old 12-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #9
SiscoReptiles
Indeed.. Makes you wonder if he/she was scamming or just making a poor attempt at a joke. :/

Since vBulletin logs IPs, I would just do a search and see if he/she is registered on here with a real name.

Rick Sisco

Old 12-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #10
elect
Misspelled name!!! Terd Is actually Ted...

I Have bought from Ted (its Ted not Terd - Misspelled) on several occasions. I have recently purchased 1.2 young adult hermans Tortoises from him. He shipped with care (had Live harmless reptiles all over the box) and used heat packs (because I am in Wisconsin and its freezing up here) he also sent me and e-mail right away in the morning of the delivery to see if I was happy with the tortoises. Which I was. I have also purchase Greeks, Russians, and Sour though tortoises from him without complaint.
I recommend highly....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!