baby nicaraguan boa - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #61
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves Serpents View Post
DIm so happy someone who had nothing to do with the thread, before now, stopped in to.... how did you state it? Manufacture drama, yea that's it.
The OP made good and sure that there was drama aplenty here; no need for me to manufacture anything. I simply responded to what was already there. Pretty simple, if you have the capacity to stop to think about it. Aside from whining, your own involvement is, what, exactly? This thread has what "to do" with you? Your whining is inherently more worthwhile than my own post? Ideas are only "pointless" when they disagree with yours?

The "white knight" routine is always hilarious to watch. Thanks for the laughs. I can see that reasoning isn't one of your strengths.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:30 PM   #62
Steves Serpents
O darn, I've been figured out. Now I have to find somewhere else to go whine. Stephanie, good luck with Gratch. Chris, no hard feelings dude. Dan, its been real homie, keep doin you. White Knight out.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:10 AM   #63
kalismom3
I'm done too people are too stupid to see What's going on.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:48 PM   #64
Helenthereef
How did this get so out of hand? She showed us a picture of her obviously much-loved snake, and people came down on her like a ton of bricks. I'm happy to see pictures of Gratch looking well and growing after a shaky start, and surely that's all that should have been said?

Re feeding, it's not feeding live that's the problem, it's leaving live feed animals in with a snake for a long period unsupervised. If the snake strikes and kills immediately, what's the issue? And if an owner wants to feed outside the enclosure, why should anyone else care? The OP wasn't soliciting care tips, she was showing off her healthy snake.

If people with advice to give had phrased it in a more friendly manner, I bet it would have been welcomed. Instead someone wanting to share their pleasure in their pet just got thoroughly alienated.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:31 PM   #65
Snakesitter
^^ Agree 100%.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:46 AM   #66
kalismom3
THANK YOU helen and snake!!!! yes i have been treated awful on here! THANK YOU for your kind words and support!!

Old 12-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #67
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
people came down on her like a ton of bricks.
Even if intentionally hyperbolic, I think that's still . I can't help wondering exactly which thread a few of you have actually read. If it's this one, your interpretation of events doesn't nearly jive with mine. I suppose that saying someone is "butthurt," or my pointing out that she's quite clearly acting like a petulant child, could amount to more of the imaginary bullying that's going around.

If she doesn't want to accept invaluable advice from people who've put in the time, effort and research required to truly get to know what they're doing, that's one thing; but throwing a fit and getting defensive over a comment that she twisted into something it wasn't even close to saying, is just foolish and wholly counterproductive. I don't think that coddling her by pretending otherwise is doing her any favors.

Also, let's not pretend that simply being present and attentive to a live-feeding situation does a whole lot to fully mitigate the inherent dangers of the practice. Now that she's only feeding it live mice, maybe she does watch closely enough and has enough luck/skill/experience to be able to intervene instantly and separate them before there's any permanent damage done to the snake, if the mouse does end up gaining the upper hand.

What happens when she's feeding live adult rats? Much bigger teeth; much stronger jaws; much greater chance of disastrous results. If Gratch gets maimed one day by a feeder, it'll be a pretty harsh way for her to have to learn that closing her mind to advice that may not have been presented with quite enough hearts and flowers wasn't in her snakes' best interests. While it's obviously every individual keeper's choice to make, I've yet to see a rational argument made against the idea that it's an entirely unnecessary risk to take in any situation which doesn't involve an animal that refuses anything other than live prey.

By the way, unless the snake has mastered levitation, it appears that she's actually handling it while it's in the process of killing the mouse. You don't see any issues with that?
Quote:
Instead someone wanting to share their pleasure in their pet just got thoroughly alienated.
I think that's just another overstatement. Her replies in this thread make it appear that she thinks anyone who isn't wholeheartedly for her, is actively against her. I think her very mindset is the more likely culprit behind any alienation she may be feeling.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:39 AM   #68
kalismom3
Wow more judgement without knowing anything! I posted about Gratch for advice on how to help him survive because he was in bad shape when i first posted and now that i am soooo proud of him no one can see that all they judge on is him hanging from his tree and eating. I have More experience then most of you, i already stated i Would feed him frozen thawed and most of you blooming idiots Can't let the pictures i posted go. I think that those of you who refuse to get past his feeding pictures are the very immature ones, pitbulls who just Can't let go, the ones who Can't be happy for Gratch and Can't let go of the pictures are the ones who ARE keeping the drama alive!

Old 12-16-2015, 06:14 AM   #69
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalismom3 View Post
I have More experience then most of you
I'll part by point out that you're woefully out of touch with reality. If there's even the slightest amount to truth to that statement, it does nothing more than illustrate how having experience isn't necessarily the same as having useful knowledge. I sincerely wish you luck. Given just how much you've shown that you know, I think you and your snakes are going to need it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!