Help me confirm / or identify boa morph - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #11
richardhind1972
Stunning boa collection you have there jccs and what fantastic pics, I actually love my so called normal too even tho she is a grump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-27-2018, 05:11 PM   #12
JCCS
"Had" is the operative term, lol. Several factors led me to leaving boa breeding and now I have one very old nicaraguan that was rescued by a dear and departed friend and an albino cornsnake, lol.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #13
richardhind1972
That’s a shame,they was stunning.
This is my normal mum to them babies

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Old 02-27-2018, 07:04 PM   #14
Karliereptiles
Okay. I’m fine with her being a normal it’s just she was sold to me like she was something else. Should I confront the breeder? It’s not too big of a deal because it’s not like she was sold to me as a super nice animal or anything but still. I didn’t think this would happen because the breeder is pretty professional & seems reputable and they deal with super duper nice boas 🤷🏼♀️

Old 02-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #15
AbsoluteApril
I didn't say the boa *wasn't* a pastel, it has some reduced black and may color up nicely once the baby grays fade off, but it's not one that I would look at and say 'oh hey, that looks like it's from a pastel line'. It looks more like what an average baby boa would look like with some nice light brown fading of the saddles.

I was mainly trying to point out that unlike ball pythons where Pastel is an actual morph, pastel is not a morph in boas. "Pink pastel" is just a descriptive term. Some people sell pastels from lines that have been bred for generations to make high pink boas, others sell anything with reduced black as a pastel.

If I was you, I'd ask the breeder for photos of the parents to get a judge of what kind of coloration you may be able to expect for you baby (assuming there's no hypo in the mix).

Old 02-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #16
JCCS
It's hard to confront people on things like pastel as it's not a morph but a description of a few physical traits. If he had sold it as a hypo or a jungle, there would be an easy argument. Like high red bearded dragons or high yellow carpet pythons, it's more of an individual opinion. What some would call high red, people who have been working with high red beardies for a long time would not. I developed two lines of pastel boas and have owned animals from many other bloodlines. For me, that animal doesn't meet my standards.For someone who doesn't work with boas much and is used to very dark animals, they might call that animal a pastel which they've heard used for nicer normals and that's all they know of the whole thing. Basically, I doubt the person purposefully misinformed you but just either didn't understand what pastel was or just have very low standards for what they call pastel. It's more of a spectrum than a hard separation, if you get me.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:56 PM   #17
Karliereptiles
Ahh okay thank you! I appreciate all you help

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa constrictor, morph, red tail boa