Do tegus starve for human affection? YES!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-14-2006, 01:49 AM   #11
cornsnakekid92
Are those adults? i though they got bigger thne that, i really need to reasearch them more!

Old 07-14-2006, 01:57 AM   #12
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnakekid92
Are those adults? i though they got bigger thne that, i really need to reasearch them more!
There are some adults, and some subadults. They do get very big. Here is a pic of one of my large males.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:00 AM   #13
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by markface
that has got to be one of the best reptile vids i have ever seen ! thank you so much for sharing that bobby . i got to find some way to make room for a tegu .
Yes, Rick done a dang good job making that, I like it very much. It shows just how tame they get.

Mark, you know you are going to get one!!

Also, don't forget to join the photo contest, you might win one free!!

Old 07-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #14
cornsnakekid92
Are females smaller then males? i really want one, but that male looks a little too big for me ( im 14). DO you HAVE to feed incests, or can i just do lots of mice and turcky and chicken and fish+ fruit?

Old 07-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #15
varnyard
The females are smaller than the males.

You can feed things instead of insects. Read my care sheet on this forum. I hope it helps.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #16
Nero557
I love my tegus, and my bigger female tegu loves to be around me, she taps on the door of her cage when she wants out (basically when I come home and if I'm sitting there). Then I let her out and she will come up and either lay by me, or if I'm moving around in my room, she will follow me. Also when I take her outside she will follow me around. They are great. -Art-

Old 07-14-2006, 05:15 PM   #17
varnyard
I agree Art!! They are awesome animals!!

Old 07-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #18
the_deeb
That video is absolutely incredible! I realize tegus are pretty friendly, but is that kind of behaviour really representative of all B&W tegus or are those guys uniquely personable animals?

Old 07-15-2006, 12:32 AM   #19
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_deeb
That video is absolutely incredible! I realize tegus are pretty friendly, but is that kind of behaviour really representative of all B&W tegus or are those guys uniquely personable animals?
No not all B n W tegus, Colombian tegus do not get this tame. They are also called black n white tegus. But are not the true Argentine tegus. Argentine tegus can and do get this tame. If they are handled correctly, they will become dog tame as seen in this video. I have some that are more like a puppy than a reptile.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:29 PM   #20
INSANE CANES
Very nice video, Jen and I both liked it.
Thanks for sharing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!