One More Reason to Test for Adenovirus - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #91
mikey
I think everyone will agree that much more research needs to be done to get a grasp on the severity of the disease. My question is for Dachiu... As a long term, large breeder and distributor of dragons do you, at this point with the limited knowledge and lacking long term studies, think it is ok to continue to breed and sell positive dragons?

Old 01-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #92
Neverland Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachiu
Sadly, most of these viruses cause diarrhea, which in turn leads to dehydration and malnutrition. What supportive care would you choose for these animals?
I can say with certainty that mine received the best possible chance to survive. When I took the two sick babies to the vet, I got carnivore care to feed them by syringe and I got Reptile Ringer and gave it to them subjunctively each day. They still died. I also knew when one was going to start going down hill, because they started to barely close their eyes. So, I started giving those fluids and hand feedings as soon as I saw any indication of a problem. This was before we had the necropsy which confirmed adenovirus. So I can say that all attempts of supportive care in my dragon's case were futile because they still dehydrated and died in a very short amount of time. Hopefully others will share their experiences well.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:35 PM   #93
Motor City Dragons
My results
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Wayne Bowers_1-27-07.pdf (235.1 KB, 80 views)

Old 01-30-2007, 12:02 AM   #94
pdragon
Cheri, does this post ring a bell. http://forums.kingsnake.com/viewarch...68183&key=2006 Josh

Old 01-30-2007, 12:10 AM   #95
pdragon
Wait! I got one more. http://forums.kingsnake.com/viewarch...46052&key=2006 Enjoy! Josh

Old 01-30-2007, 12:47 AM   #96
pdragon
Here's another one! http://www.reptilerooms.com/index.ph...=transluscents Josh

Old 01-30-2007, 07:31 AM   #97
Neverland Dragons
Josh, I understand why you are defending the line you put some much time in creating.

Having said that, Please explain the other part of your posts referring to adenovirus and corona virus and the significance you are alluding to? You have people posting their test results and trying to figure things out here. From your "can of worms" comments it sounds like you know something that we do not. Please share it with us so we can be informed as well.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:05 AM   #98
Dachiu
Well Jean, that would be a very loaded question to say the least. Everyone has varying opinions - of which they are entitled. Our opinion is no more than our opinion and is consistently being reevaluated as more information becomes available.

At this point, our response would be yes. If the dragon is apparently healthy but positive test results are returned - We believe it to be the sellers responsibility to disclose this information to the customer.

For those who are in the process of testing a large group or still in the process of researching information before testing… We feel that their potential customers should be informed, which we have done on our Currently Available page.

For those who do not care to test - Well, that is their right.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #99
walker75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachiu
Well Jean, that would be a very loaded question to say the least. Everyone has varying opinions - of which they are entitled. Our opinion is no more than our opinion and is consistently being reevaluated as more information becomes available.

At this point, our response would be yes. If the dragon is apparently healthy but positive test results are returned - We believe it to be the sellers responsibility to disclose this information to the customer.

For those who are in the process of testing a large group or still in the process of researching information before testing… We feel that their potential customers should be informed, which we have done on our Currently Available page.

For those who do not care to test - Well, that is their right.

Taken from Dachiu's Currently Avaiable page seconds ago...

• Shows for 2006

• Contact Information
- Due to the recent volume of phone calls received, we have added another phone line. Please call 610 273 2873 with any questions or if you may be interested in any of the dragons listed. If this line is busy, please try 610 273 3913.

- Our available dragons have not been tested for coccidia, internal parasites, or viruses *including adenovirus.

Why Not :

Cost getting into profits...

Why not just admit it

It seems as you are talking circles and blowing smoke

Since you are a huge breeder of these adorable pets I would think you would do testing to insure that you are selling the best animals you could as
that is why your business has grown and it was the reason you first started to breed was for the love . And Now is IT just money ??? Profit

Somewhere along the line It had to have hit you somehow or you would not be talking in circles and trying so hard not to answer questions and confuse and blow smoke the way you have..

It has dawned on me that you maybe hiding information that could shed alot of light on what is happing now. Help us to learn what goes on if you could

Other are and have

I HAD A CHOICE others had NO choice and never knew what was going to hit them and it has hit hard

Are you afraid that this will do something to your profts.. You are now reminding me of a very poor car salesperson someone that will sell to whomever for profit. It is now about lost revenue and not the health and welfare of the Bearded Dragon.

Geez This has opened up A huge CAN of WORMS that shall not go away anytime soon..

If you have this and will not tell the community

JUST

Please contain this It is the right thing to do...

I have now lost any respect I had held in your dragons and you you are doing the worst Irish gig dance I have seen in YEARS.....

A comb of a rap dance and an Irish gig how about that for a new morph

What a HUGE LOADED QUESTION Is right

Does your any of your line of Bearded Dragons have the Adenovirus

How many have died that where never tested...

Over the many many years you have been breeding and selling I bet you have no idea .. Lost track maybe

Will the community EVER really get an Honest and True Anwser

Just mad and wondering

From all the Breeders Huge and Small

Some have posted there results I thank them

I HOPE others will continue to tell and test what they find and not be intiminated by others and keep quite

Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #100
Cat_72
So.....until you do more research into Adeno, you'll just keep on breeding and selling like nothing could possibly be wrong?

Hm. I think I'm going to have to let that one digest awhile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!