Bad Guy Steve Markevich/ Serpent's Den - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
I received permission to post e-mails from Steve...

(can't pull e-mail headers from e-mails I receive for some reason - I'm on Mac Thunderbird if anyone has a clue how to fix that)

Quote:
10/24/08 @ 1:02pm
My animals were stolen which my landlords were involved and police said they didn't want to get involved and told my GF to contact the DA and she spoke to an investigator at the DA's Office and was told I would have to hire an attorney to handle the landlord/tenant dispute. Since them I've seen someone named Chris Foley offering for sale my animals and cages on the KS Classifieds. I contacted Jeff Barringer of kingsnake.com and told him my stolen animals were being offered for sale in his classifieds. He said he could not do anything and said I would have to contact the police and the police already said they want no involvement. I saved e-mail correspondance with my landlord and Chris Foley and saved the KS ads.

About three years ago I filed a Chapter 13 because I owed a lot of back taxes the interest and fines on top of the taxes. Besides the normal everyday expenses to operate a business support myself I also had a $800.00 per month payment to pay off the Chapter 13 which I was also falling behind on too.

Financially things have been very tight and to top it off my ex-wife wanting back Child Support for my adult children so I had that to deal with also. With business slowing down and the cost of living going up I fell behind $1700.00 on my rent and my landlords were taking me to court to get paid up or get evicted. At this time plans were being made to relocate so I could buy more time on getting my finances back in order.

Being in debt with Child Support I had to go to a court and I explained to Judge Addy my current financial status and at that hearing he ordered me to have my adult children emancipated, gather up a years profit & losses and bring the declaration of my Chapter 13 to a rescheduled hearing.

When I went back to the rescheduled hearing Judge Addy was out for the day and the retired Judge Webb filled in for the day and he wouldn’t allow me to present my case and ordered me to come up with $3000,00 in 30 days or I would go to jail for 6 months.

April 11th my electric was turned off because I didn’t have the money to pay off the bill in full.

April 12th a friend helped me out by loaning me funds to purchase and connect a generator to the stores breaker box so I had electric to supplement the propane heaters I had in use.

On April 14th I received a subpoena from my landlords to appear in court on April 21st. Now if that was not enough stress to deal with it gets worse.

At this time I’m in need of about $10,000.00 immediately to get me through April.

On April 15th I was in the store when suddenly the generator was turned off. I went outside to see what happened and standing there was Lehighton Police Chief Matthew Bender. He noted that I owed money to the Lehighton Borough for Electric Usage and started questioning me on how and why I didn’t pay my bill. I explained to him I didn’t have enough to pay it in full and a friend loaned me the money so I could keep the power on in the store etc. He told me I can’t use the generator at all and told me that Carbon County Domestics issued a warrant for my arrest. He then handcuffed me and took me to the station for a short period till I was transferred to the Carbon County Correctional Facility to start my six-month sentence. I called my girlfriend and told her to start moving everything thing out immediately. I also tried calling my landlord but he would not pick up the phone.

My girlfriend started moving out my animals on April 16th, and tried numerous times to reach my landlords but they failed to answer her calls so she left messages to them to let them know she was taking care of everything and was vacating the store for me since I was unable too.

On April 21st. my girlfriend went to the store and the landlords had someone come in to remove almost everything that was in the store under false pretenses that they were in trouble because they were abandoned without any heat, light or care when in fact it was very evident moving out has already been underway.

My girlfriend called my ex-wife and pleaded with her to write a letter to the Carbon County Domestics to release me that she will allow me time to get caught up at a later time. My ex-wife agreed and a letter was faxed to the Domestics. The Warden from the Facility told me I was going to be released that day or the next but it never happened and I was given no answer as to as why.

After two months of incarceration I had a petition drawn up to schedule another hearing with Judge Addy who was originally handling this case. I guess after reviewing the case it was noticed retired Judge Webb denied me a fair hearing and I was immediately released on June 16th without another hearing and the Carbon County Domestics and Court dismissed the case.

The court system fucked up!!!!

The claims made about animal crualty and abandoment in this news artical are totally bogus and just a means to discredit me in a lawsuit that I plan to file against the parties involved. Anyone that knows me knows the quality of my animals and there is reference to that online as well as in my photographs and customers and friends who have been to my store. .
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...,6150019.story

On April 12 or 13th my landlords threatened me that they would take my property based on the fact I owed them $1700.00 in past and present rent and also that I owed Lehighton Borough for utilities.

On April 15th I was incarcerated I tried calling my landlord from jail and they would not answer there cell phone. April 16th Becky tried calling my landlords and again they refused to answer or return her calls or voicemails and stated she was presently at the store removing some animals at that time and was coming back to remove everything within the next few days.
Quote:
Subject: Re: Fw: My animals were illegally taken and now I'm being framed.
To: s.markevich@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, October 24, 2008, 1:37 PM

Just an FYI: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=119931
Quote:
10/24/08 @ 2:23pm
Well I'm just sending this out so people get the truth rather than the BS. I'll be persuing criminal charges followed by lawsuits but first I need to raise money for attorneys. Hopeully someone can make a legal defense fund so I can fight this now.

How can I send you the saved MHTML files I have saved? I'm not going to answer the thread..

Thanks I just read the BOI and you can post everything I sent you. I want the truth to get out before the unjustice that is taking place.
Thanks
I'm going to try and help him with the saved e-mail thing...

Old 10-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #12
KNOBTAIL
Steve Markevich/ Serpent's Den

I am not surprised either by his disappearance or the fact that he left his place of business with those snakes in an unmonitored condition.. I think if you do a search you will find additional threads about his haphazard methods which in the end make it bad for everyone.. At this point, I am sure there is a warrant for his arrest, so its just a question of time...

Old 10-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #13
3toe
Steve at Serpents Den in PA

Hey all,
Ive been to his store clean and really nice.
Ive gotten snakes and turtles from Steve, great selection and excellent
customer service.
All his animals are top quality.
Yes hes had a bit of personal problems but his girlfriend took over [even at a Hamburg show] while he was away.
Ive seen and read the artical, total bogus bullshit!
yes im a customer of Steves, but hes a great guy.

there are so many bad guys around that when a good guy has trouble we
should all help out in any way we can.

as jimi hendrix said - "you cant believe anything the paper and news say,
now can you? excuse me i must be on my way!"

Old 10-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
GottaLuvHerps
From just reading what Steph posted, it sounds like Steve has some real troubles happening, and the media picked up on it and ran. From the short and sweet contacts I have had with Steve, he seems like a very nice guy, and I am not going to judge him by that article.
Steve, if you are reading this, I wish you all the luck and hope this gets straightened out for you quickly!

Kelly Kordek

Old 10-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #15
LakesideBoas
The article stated this all happened in July (22nd, I believe) and was just reported today?

Our local paper would have been all over a controversial item like that at the git-go like stink on a dog pile especially with venomous species involved.

Something does not smell quite right.

Hopefully Steve will chime in and tell what's up.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #16
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Have you done business with Steve?
If so, please outline the deal and why it was negative.

Your news link is hearsay and I don't believe belongs on the BOI.
Huh? A city newspaper is complete hearsay? Wow. While I know newspapers love over dramatize things, but to say a report like this from a valid city newspaper has no place on the BOI is plain ridiculous.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #17
3toe
Jerry,

you are way wrong about Steve, but i guess we all have the right to voice our opinions.
but before anyone goes and judges him, they should know all the facts, not just an article
in the papers.

Dave

Old 10-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #18
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
The article stated this all happened in July (22nd, I believe) and was just reported today?
You know...I was thinking the same thing...
I was also thinking about how with the case from my area I mentioned happened...The media did the exact same thing...Waited a year after the accusations/charges were filed before reporting it...

Old 10-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #19
TattooLost
I agree shrap, but I will say this. It IS kind of odd that this article came out today, if all this mess happened on JULY 22nd. Pretty odd. I don't know the town this is all taking place, but I live in a small town and the local paper here sometimes takes on certain peoples agendas. Who knows. I'm waiting to hear more facts.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #20
LakesideBoas
That'll learn me to get distracted while typing up my reply!

Thanks for posting that, Steph!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris foley, eric musser, steve markevich