Bad Guy Steve Lieber/Vigo theveiledchameleon.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:59 AM   #11
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganCastle View Post
Steve and Karin ripped me off as well . I bought 2 chameleons from them as well , but after i paid for them i have gotten nothing but excuses . It has been 3 weeks and i still don't have the chameleons or my money back . The first excuse was they ran out of boxes to ship them in and they would send them the following monday . Then they would not return my emails or take my phone calls . Now the excuse is that Steve was in an auto accident and broke his leg and cannot work . I find it hard to believe that a broken leg can keep him from writing a check and giving it to Karin to put in a mailbox . I just emailed him and told him i would file suit in small claims court if he didn't send payment through Western Union tomorrow by 3 pm . A new friend of mine gave me this link , so i didn't know he did this to everyone before tonight . So not only can he pay me for my chameleons back , he is going to pay for my gas money to drive to florida and back and a hotel room for 2 nights . Hopefully the court system will make him shut down his website so he can not rip anyone else off . I will print all of the negative feedback from this website and take them with me to court . I hope all of this was worth it to him .
im sorry you got took advantage of by him. hope everything goes in your favor. keep us posted!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #12
jlexotics
I contacted KS.com about banning Steve and Karin as Seller's. This is what I got back:

Hi John,

In order for your complaint to be considered a formal complaint against an individual or a business, we require that you file a complaint at the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) located at http://www.ic3.gov/.

Once you have completed filing a complaint there, they will e-mail you an username and password. Please forward this to us and we will begin an internal investigation of your complaint.

If you reply, please include this email in its entirety in your reply for tracking purposes.

--
Melody/Classifieds Coordinator
phclassifieds@pethobbyist.com

I don't feel I have an actual complaint anymore because I recieved all of my money back. This is the information for everyone else, I don't like the fact he can still screw other people on the internet!

Old 03-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
scaledverts
I have gone through this process before, when I was burned by someone selling on KS. It is actually not that bad. ~Six months later I got an e-mail from KS asking me if the issue had been resolved as the seller was trying to get back in and was claiming we had settled our dispute. Upon telling them this was not the case, I still have not seen them back on KS. So at least in my case, KS took it seriously.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:31 AM   #14
ReptileAddictions
Caliente dragons agreed to a refund and I returned the animals, I never recieved a dime. I filed Internet fraud and through KS. They gave them a "mark" against their account.no one knows how many people they get to burn before the marks add up to a ban. Everyone should do the paperwork so it adds up.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
blueangel817
i just ordered a savannah monitor from them and now i cant get ahold of them they wont aswer my call or email me back at all im a little p'd about it.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #16
Michael Brown
Has the OP provided any proof of this scam yet or is this just old stuff being dredged up

Old 06-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #17
blueangel817
i ordered the sav on sat they said they would be shipping monday or tues and still havent got it and they wont return any emails or phone calls and i have tried calling them since monday.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel817 View Post
i ordered the sav on sat they said they would be shipping monday or tues and still havent got it and they wont return any emails or phone calls and i have tried calling them since monday.
Please post emails with headers, and any other proof you have.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #19
xxbigmike25
Steve Vigo and Karen Lieber of thechameleoncompany.com

Hello,
I too have been recently scammed by Steve Vigo. I ordered 5 farmed savannah monitors that were supposed to be 8-10 inches. I was very concerned about receiving the shipment because it was around 40 degrees. Steve told me that he was qualified to ship in the cold and to not worry. I was dumb and listened to him. When I received the animals, there was absolutely no heating in the box and they were freezing. This wasn't the first thing I noticed. After opening the pillowcase I came to see massive animals. After measuring, these animals measured 14, 17, 17.5, 18 and 18 inches. They were massive. After further inspection, one of the savannahs had a crushed hand with many broken fingers. Another had a broken hand and was having alot of trouble walking. Each one of the animals was infested with ticks as well.

Steve was very responsive when receiving the money, but every time I tried to contact him after I showed my anger, I was told that he was not in the office or that he was "sick". I am still trying to contact the man, but just like many other people on this thread, it looks like he robbed me as well.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #20
kluas88
I just ordered an ornate pacman from from them. Steve said on tuesday that my frog would ship yesterday. However I didnt recieve any email with tracking information. In case you didnt know if you used paypal to buy from them you can get your money back within 60 days of it being sent. If I dont get a response from him today I am going to file a dispute with paypal. If any of you call paypal and tell them what happened they will be shut down from recieving payments that way, which will make it much harder to scam people.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!