Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #41
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoffman View Post
Ok Im gonna chime in on this one. First off when buying animals from people that say they are healthy nothing wrong with them you would assume you could put the snake into your collection regaurdless of quarentine. If people were honest there would be absolutly no reason for quarentine. A snake should not die within 10 day and if it does, the seller should be responsible for a replacement or at least half the monitary value or something. Snakes dont just up and die in 10 days. Meanwhile nothing else is dieing at toms place. Xavier is also selling all his snakes now isnt that kinda fishy right after this snake dies hes selling all his snakes. Seems very fishy and dishonest to me. From the get go tom and brandon have been honest ya they put it with females and they did whatever they arent hiding anything. I just think xavier should do something for them and not leave this sit like it is and ignore thier calls and emails.
The fact that I'm selling my snakes has nothing to do with the issue with Brandon. I have my reason far beyond keeping reptiles. I can't say I see a point in letting go my collection with the first trade issue I've had. The snake was healthy as any snake I've seen when I shipped. I have not avoiding speaking with Brandon I have replied to all his e-mails. Had a chosen to speak with him on the phone rather than e-mail I'd not have any documentation.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #42
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
I was just referring to if I walk in and find him dead one day ...then we would have a pretty good idea. If he doesn't die...then I will have to assume after his QT that he is healthy.

I enjoy the minimal talks I have had with Brandon and Xavier was great to deal with.

I hate to see something like this happen to anyone, it is especially hard considering I have had friendly conversations with both gentleman.

I really wish this could end happily for everyone but at this point that seems like a long shot.
this is not going to happen . let me ask you if your snake died what would you expect from him

Old 05-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #43
Snakemanbonk
They only reason why Tom is this situation is because he shipped the snakes for me delta dash and he gave me a the enchi pastel to complete the deal and he knows a good vet in area. I really appreciate his help in this whole situation. I don't have alot of free time with hours I work.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #44
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
The fact that I'm selling my snakes has nothing to do with the issue with Brandon. I have my reason far beyond keeping reptiles. I can't say I see a point in letting go my collection with the first trade issue I've had. The snake was healthy as any snake I've seen when I shipped. I have not avoiding speaking with Brandon I have replied to all his e-mails. Had a chosen to speak with him on the phone rather than e-mail I'd not have any documentation.
it still doesnt look good for you now does it . it way your snake had problems internally and it died and your choosing not to take care of it ???

this should look real good for posting this up here any normal person would think just like kyle , your selling your stuff becuase you think there is a problem ,, i know i got one of those problems and you infected my collection now . how do you think i feel now and good luck with my snakes i hope you enjoy them . i bet there still alive right .

anyway good luck with your future sales and if you need any referances tell them to contact one of us , im sure to put in a good word for you lol,

like hey if you get more then 10 days out of it thats more then we got , good luck

Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #45
thomas raspoptsis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakemanbonk View Post
They only reason why Tom is this situation is because he shipped the snakes for me delta dash and he gave me a the enchi pastel to complete the deal and he knows a good vet in area. I really appreciate his help in this whole situation. I don't have alot of free time with hours I work.
brandon i have resopnded to this forum since your at work leave it alone were done here . he brought this upon himself

so for anyone that gets a snake from xavier good luck with it ,they look great like a box of chocolates but you never know what your going to get inside

and if you dont get what your expecting oh well they still looked good ,,good luck

Old 05-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #46
ReptileGeek181
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas raspoptsis View Post
brandon i have resopnded to this forum since your at work leave it alone were done here . he brought this upon himself

so for anyone that gets a snake from xavier good luck with it ,they look great like a box of chocolates but you never know what your going to get inside

and if you dont get what your expecting oh well they still looked good ,,good luck
Thank you!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #47
DesertRat73
Exactly how can you say there is no need for quarantine and then make a statement like this...

Quote:
, i know i got one of those problems and you infected my collection now .
If your collection has an infection from his animal: A) provide proof B) It's because you didn't quarantine the animal.

As you and others have stated, if he said the animal is healthy, you shouldn't need to. I disagree. If you value your animals more than the money you hope to make off of them, you quarantine no matter what. I don't care if they are from the most respected person in the herp community, it's coming from a different environment than yours, and shipping stress is known to trigger unknown issues. To not quarantine a new animal is both naive and irresponsible imo.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #48
Lucille
Quote:
thats what it was traded for to breed it was suppose to be healthy and quarintine or not it should not have died in 10 days
Comparative fault. I'm not saying there was an underlying issue but you put a young snake to breeding right after shipping.

Quote:
think people buy snakes in breeding season and dont put them with females right away dont kid yourself its done everyday .breeder males are for sale every were right now with the adds saying . hey he has done his job here and has much more spark left in him and can breed a few more girls (NOT AN EXACT QUOTE BUT )
Are you really seriously saying that because someone else does something it must be OK?

Quote:
he could not say .there really is no way to tell becuase he had to see it visually .just like they cant pinpoint why it died on a exact problem ,the symtoms were inside the snake and not visuall ,it had 5 things wrong with it in the necropsy and 4 more tests to be done on the heart the trachea the lung and the brain , but they take a longer time

so if you look at are point of view yes stress could have killed it
I know you are upset at the loss of your snake. But if you are admitting that it could have been stress, and the vet could not say how long the ulcers existed, maybe it isn't fair to automatically fault the other party?

Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #49
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
There is something called comparative fault, where the fault is apportioned between the parties. That might be a useful tool here. Certainly there is stress associated with being shipped (remember it is not just flight time, there is the boxing up, taking to the airport, etc.) and then being breed right away.

Your position would have been stronger had you quarantined which is a basic husbandry procedure.
Reading the story, I am just struck by the fact that it seems obscure that one doesn't understand that buying an animal is a RISK. You can buy one and later it dies of cancer..should we go after the breeder for "Mother Nature's" mistakes?

I spent over 1K on a gorgeous female "odd" Pastel, only to have her die 6 months later of a systemic infection, which I believe was from the deep puncture bites/burns that had healed on her...but as I had had her for SIX months in quarantine and she was finally eating...I got the necropsy and let the matter go (after complaining to Harald). I could not tell if the stress had been a factor in the infection taking over, because I had had her for a while. She might have lived to a ripe old age in her original owner's hands...who knows?

But, I'm rambling...the point is, if the snake did have a health issue that wasn't something that was a result of the breeder's care, how far are breeders to go in making customers happy, especially customers that aren't following quarantine procedures and are creating additional stress on the animal?

Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #50
FAZE31
You Guy's are missing the big picture! Yes Brandon didn't quarantine the snake thats now on him and his collection unfortunately but the snake was SICK before it was in there care. That being said Brandon should be compensated whether that being another snake or his snakes back!!!!! Definitely looks like a bad guy post for the poster!!!!!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!