Best Fish for Small Children.... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #11
Lucille
Where could I get a pygmy?

Old 04-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #12
cornsnakekid92
gupppies are nice, i like sword tail, platties, and mollies. be sure to get a pleco ( algee eater). There are all sorts of tetras that look vert nice. i suggest tring to find a mom and pop shop for tropical fish tho.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:01 PM   #13
SPJ
If you get a pleco for a 10 gallon tank, make sure it is a bristlenose. The commons start small but get huge. Also, remember to supplement it's diet and not just rely on whatever algea may grow to feed it.
You could also go with otto cats. They are great for controlling diatoms (brown film on the glass and decorations) in case your water supply is high in silicates.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
Rebel Dragons
I got some guppy and swordtail fry I can send ya, Wendy. They are about 4 weeks old now and coloring up nicely.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #15
dragonflyreptiles
Ive had the larger version of the pleco for Oscar tanks and they got HUGE, Ill see if they have the small ones here, I only use the small family run shop and they have a good variety of fish though Ive never really looked at them to buy small fish, I have noticed they have them.

Im a big tank, big fish person, so all of this little tank little fish is going to be interesting for sure!

Old 04-28-2006, 11:57 PM   #16
Bill & Amy
I know your standard pleco will outgrow a small tank rather quickly. Its been awhile since the last time I had a tank setup etc, but it seems the plecos that stay smaller are more expensive and slightly different colored. For the life of me I can't remember what their called, getting older sucks!!

Old 04-29-2006, 12:05 AM   #17
dragonflyreptiles
Now Lucille, If I can't get any, neither can you lol

I sent you a PM!

Old 04-29-2006, 12:17 AM   #18
SPJ
Here's a few of the smaller ones. Probably many more that I can't think of right now.

bristlenose pleco
vampire pleco
gold spot dwarf pleco
angelicus pleco
polka dot lyre tail pleco
zebra pleco (my favorite )
bulldog pleco
candy stripe pleco
bola pleco

Then there are those "L" numbered ones.

Old 04-29-2006, 12:26 AM   #19
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
gold spot dwarf pleco
Thats the one I was thinking of, seems like they were $20-30 at one time. It just kills me because I used to know all this stuff and now I'm lucky if I can remember to set my alarm when I go to bed at night!! LOL!! I don't know why I'm laughing it's actually quite sad.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #20
dragonflyreptiles
Thanks for the list! I used to have all kinds of fish books and magazines til my Oscar's hit their end when we had a 10 day power outage. I got rid of everything and took all my tanks apart and gave most of them away I was so ticked.

We decided to let them get 1 fish a week, that way it will keep their interest more too, as soon as Emily gets back from visitng her granny we are going to go do some looking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!