Connecticut state law issues - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 07-22-2003, 12:25 AM   #1
Adamanteus
Connecticut state law issues

State Homepage - http://www.state.ct.us/

State Legislature - http://www.cga.state.ct.us/

State Statutes/Code - http://www.cga.state.ct.us/2001/pub/titles.htm

Old 11-09-2003, 03:44 PM   #2
rustysreptiles
You might be surprised to know:

Hi everyone,
My husband and I run a rescue here in Ct and work closely with the DEP. You might find it interesting to know that there is a list of the only types of herps you may own in CT.
We are now working to revise said list as it was shotly done in the early 90's. we would love to hear people's opinions on what should and should not be allowed.
Please let me know if anyone would be interested in seeing said list. I would have to copy and paste it into an email for you.
Thanks
RUSTY

Old 11-28-2003, 06:27 AM   #3
dvf1973
post it here

let everyone see it, i feel everything except endagereds should be allowed, some could be regulated and licensed, that generates revenue to help you out, ie venomous, have a coarse on proper ownership, caging , husbandry, make them pay for the class, their ya go, d

Old 11-28-2003, 01:35 PM   #4
rustysreptiles
I agree,
I just went to find the list in our files and apperantly we lost it during the move.
I will recheck my hard copy and re type the list, It may take a couple of days, But I'll copy and paste it asap.
Thanks
RUSTY

Old 12-22-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
SPJ
I am in CT and would like to see the list.
I would also like to help revising it. TOO MANY animals are restricted in this state.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:06 PM   #6
humpbacks1962
I work for the DEP. If you call the Wildlife Division at (860) 424-3011 you can get anything sent directly to you.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
Pythonbreeder99
i would love a copy of that list, when you get a chance could you pm or email it to me? my email is ballpython110@sbcglobal.net thank you

Old 04-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
SMCAPATRICK@COMCAST.NET
Hi Rusty,

I have also been waiting for this list. If you could forward it to me I would be interested in seeing it. Further more, you stated YOU have been working with the DEP to revise this list, what I would hope you mean is, you and AND an organization such as USARK have been working with the DEP. I am sure your intentions are in the right place, but we need to come at these issues with a united front from the view of everyone, not through the eyes of one person.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
KRAZE
Quote:
Hi Rusty,

I have also been waiting for this list. If you could forward it to me I would be interested in seeing it. Further more, you stated YOU have been working with the DEP to revise this list, what I would hope you mean is, you and AND an organization such as USARK have been working with the DEP. I am sure your intentions are in the right place, but we need to come at these issues with a united front from the view of everyone, not through the eyes of one person.
his posts are 9 years old lol

Contact Elaine Hinsch at the wildlife division of DEP @ (860) 642-7239 or at elaine.hinsch@ct.gov She will send the list right over.

I've spoken with her sever times, I'm the manager at Go Fish in Clinton, i think you might have come in to get live pinks for your green trees?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
billewicz
Banning Boas on the list!

Is this the list you're looking for?

Connecticut. House Bill 5832 seeks to address the state's exotic pets law by: 1) amending the General Statutes to provide that the sale, transfer, or breeding of certain exotic animals is also prohibited; 2) adding tigers, mole vipers, boa constrictors, Burmese pythons and sea snakes to the list of prohibited animals; 3) providing an exemption to people who lawfully possessed an animal listed as prohibited before July 1, 2013 if certain conditions are met; and 4) exempting certain education and zoological organizations from prohibition. This bill was introduced on January 23rd and currently resides in the Joint Environment Committee.

Good luck and fight hard!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!