Info Al Brown/ Liar - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
Angry Al Brown/ Liar

I contacted Al Brown about lipstick jungles het albino's after talking to a couple other jungle makers.This was back in Sept.
Al told me he would send me photo id and all his lineage papers since he was a 3rd generation jungle.
I got the boa and was just as he said.But i didnt get any papers at all!Not even i signed photo id.I emailed Al and he called me right back telling me his Printer had issues and was waiting for the parts.
I got an envelope in the mail about a week later,very thin,i opened it and it had a plain un-signed photo id in there and no lineage papers at all.
I emailed Al again and asked where the lineage papers were,i got the run around and no reason why he lied to me!
I still have not gotten the papers of his lineage back to the boa he bought from Pete Kahl back in 05 i think it was.
So he lied to me just to make the sale!!!
I would be aware of these type of people.Lying to sell boa's is just plain Wrong!!!
Heres the email from Al telling me he would send lineage papers with photo id!

Re: jungle het lipstick male‏
To see messages related to this one, group messages by conversation.

10/03/11
Reply ▼
brownsboas​@comcast.ne​t
Add to contacts
To not foryou
I absolutely guarantee he's het. Albino.. And I will send you a photo id with all his lineage info stating everything about him... This this guy is the third generation from my original 05 Jungle Het. Albino male... I like the aberrant jungles to... But like I said I want color first and foremost..

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

I wish i didnt have to do this,BUT...

Old 10-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
allreptiles1966
This is Al Brown from BrownsBoas.biz

Old 10-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
ShadowAceD
What exactly did Al lie about to make a sale?

If you search on ReptileInsider.com, you can find posts of this litter from Al ... including the info on said animals.

I can understand the frustration of not getting photo ID the way you wanted, but I fail to see where Al was deceptive here. He guarantees the animal is what it is. Al has been in a business for a while and I highly doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
ShadowAceD
By the way, I notified Al of this thread.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
allreptiles1966
No,he guaranteed lineage papers and i got none!Its says it right in his email to me.I think thats considered a lie when you tell someone you will send lineage papers and then dont.
Am i missing something?
And if Al has been in business for awhile,why tell someone your sending lineage papers then not do it?

Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
allreptiles1966
Good deal.He should know.I hide nothing from anyone.
I knew i could count on you to help.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
allreptiles1966
If he didnt offer the papers i would have moved on and not bought.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
bwt501
Al Brown is a stickler for selective breeding and it would serve no purpose for him to lie to make a sale. You should be proud to own one of his animals and be confident in its genetics!

* On a side note- Once again a premature unwarranted Bad Guy post rears its ugly head on the BOI where it remains for life for all to see. I know this comment probably belongs in the feedback forum but how about a process in which bad guy posts have to be privately preapproved by a committee of trusted BOI appointees ( I'm sure there is no shortage of volunteers) before they can be presented on the public forum. They wouldnt be asked to judge or deliberate, just deem if the complaint has merit have merit. Kind of like a Grand Jury.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
allreptiles1966
No bad guy thread! Why state-i will send photo id and all his lineage papers on him and then not send?
I would constitute that as being a lie when i didnt get any lineage papers.
When your considered a big guy in the business you will be held to higher standards.
My only issue is he stated as above then did NOT send as stated above.
I know you might like him and he has great looking healthy animals.But he did in fact tell me a lie.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #10
Focal
I don't care if Peter Kahl himself produced and sold this snake to the OP. Without paperwork, who's going to believe the OP if he decides to sell it down the road? Who's going to take his word on someone elses word? Why should a future buyer have to track down several people to verfiy genetics when a piece of paperwork could take care of all of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt501 View Post
Al Brown is a stickler for selective breeding and it would serve no purpose for him to lie to make a sale. You should be proud to own one of his animals and be confident in its genetics!

* On a side note- Once again a premature unwarranted Bad Guy post rears its ugly head on the BOI where it remains for life for all to see. I know this comment probably belongs in the feedback forum but how about a process in which bad guy posts have to be privately preapproved by a committee of trusted BOI appointees ( I'm sure there is no shortage of volunteers) before they can be presented on the public forum. They wouldnt be asked to judge or deliberate, just deem if the complaint has merit have merit. Kind of like a Grand Jury.
Where is this badguy thread you speak of? Premature? He promised the paperwork a month ago? I don't care if it's genetics, sex, health or PAPERWORK. If you promised to deliver, and didn't, what does that make you?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!