3 sulcattas stolen - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
bobo462
3 sulcattas stolen

On thursday morning june 29th I discovered my 3 tortoises were stolen from my backyard.There was 2 males and 1 female.They have been in the family for over 9 years and the oldest male is about 18 and weighs around 60 pounds.Any info would be greatly appreciated and rewarded $$$
thanks steve 718 501-8861
i live in new york

Old 07-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
nicolai
what part on NY?? it might help to be a little more specific so people can keep an eye out for you. do you have any pics? Do they have any indentifying marks?

Old 07-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #3
bobo462
ok i live on staten island and will try to post picture of the 2 males.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:35 AM   #4
nicolai
Wow, those are beautiful!!! The good thing is they will be very hard to hide. First thing to do is check to see if any of your local pet stores have had inquiries about tortoise care or what to feed them. Watch all the local shows and internet sites for someone trying to sell them. There are lots of members here that are for staten island and can help keep an eye out for them.

Would someone have been able to see them win your yard passing by or would they had to of known they you had them??

Old 07-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
homegrownherps
I will be doing the Hamberg show in P.A. August ,and I will be at the L.I. herp show in Oct. I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #6
Nero557
Those are some really beautiful looking tortoises, I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I can't believe people do things like that, if I was to loose an animal it'd be like losing a child. It's horrible that people can do that... I'll keep an eye out on sites and everything, and I wish you luck in finding them. -Art-

Old 07-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #7
bobo462
thanks for all your support..our house is just not the same without them.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
nicolai
i will be at the white plains show this weekend and also making my rounds to all the pet stores. I will ask everywhere i go!!!

Old 07-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #9
romad119
Drive around etc. things that that need room you maybe get to glance soem int eh perps yard. Also have your kids check or if you don't have kids make soem contatcst and have them look. I'm sure time is on yoru side if it is local area scum who did this.

Loose lips sink ships and all. I would enroll any future torts in self defense courses, if turtles can do it imagine Adolescent Mutant Sumo Torts.

Seriously though, good luck.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #10
uglydragonfrog
did you ever find your turtles?

just wondering

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!