Grey-banded or Cross?....Vote! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Is it a pure GB?
Yes 0 0%
No 11 100.00%
Maybe so 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #1
Ophis
Grey-banded or Cross?....Vote!

Check out this GB for sale. Is it a pure GB?

http://www.reptileauction.com/cgi-bi...tem=1117222115

Old 05-15-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
Wilomn
I have produced blairsXpyro crosses that could be siblings to that one. IF you're looking for pureblooded blairs, I don't think that is one.

Old 05-15-2005, 07:52 PM   #3
Ophis
I'm alway looking but there ain't no way that is a pure GB!

Old 05-15-2005, 07:56 PM   #4
Ophis
My guess is its Alterna x Thayeri

Old 05-15-2005, 09:26 PM   #5
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
My guess is its Alterna x Thayeri
I'd have to agree. It looks real close to one I just saw yesterday at a show.

Old 05-19-2005, 07:10 PM   #6
Uncloudy
I concurr

My guess was that's it's a alterna x thayeri milksnake phase also.

I hate to see snakes misrepresented by sellers, because it's not fair to the person just new into the hobby or doesn't know enough about the species, thinking that it may be cool morph, and later they find out they were swindled.

There's one here in the faunaclassified under kingsnakes, Variable Kings **Sub-Adult Pair**.

link

I've been looking for a really nice '03 or '04 female thayeri for my male. I've posted twice on this add saying it was misrepresentation or not a truly a variable thayeri kingsnake. I even reported this add nearly two weeks ago and nothing has happened. Seems like this is a BOI incident waiting to happen when the buyer learns it's a subspecies cross and not a true thayeri pair. I was very disappointed to see and like that on this site. Makes me question the honesty and intregity of the seller Prehistoric and knowing I would never purchase anything from them or their company.

Old 05-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #7
Ophis
Well, according to the questions and answers section of his add, "PJ" says that this is a pure Gray-banded and continues to auction it as such. here it is:
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #8
Wilomn
I have queried this "pj" about another cal. king he has an add for as well. Claiming it is another morph, a new one at that.

I suspect this guy is, to put it mildly, full of ****e.

So far no reply. And I was even nice and polite. What a waste of my time.

I'd AVOID this guy. That's the advice I would give were anyone to ask me.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:40 PM   #9
Ophis
Yep. He was questioned on the adds Q&A section, but holds fast to the snake being a pure Alterna. I can not find one person who aggrees. He says he owns the "Snake Pit" in Valdosta GA.

He should at least pull the add or change the wording. His current tact is "Kiss my Ass"

Old 05-21-2005, 08:39 PM   #10
Uncloudy
It would be stupid to buy from such an ignoramous idiot. A seller that doesn't even know what he's selling or purposely scamming people, like I'd expect him PJ at Snake Pit in Valosta GA to even put the correct snake in the box on shipping.

This is happening here at faunaclassifieds too and I posted about it on this thread. I'm surprised from reading the BOI and how many people make a big deals about sellers and buyers, then write under their noses on their favorite reptile hobby site that they respect and love there are obvious adds like this where someone is going to get screwed. WTF? and I reported it too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!