HELP! Tokay Health? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
jjwhitedm
HELP! Tokay Health?

Help!

I hope my file went through and you can see the picture, but if not then allow me to describe my problem.

Recently acquired a Tokay, my first Tokay, last Friday at an exotic's store. Seems healthy, not particularly aggressive (has already allowed me to go near her several times, very little defensive stance besides a small warning nip), eats like a champ and her stool is clear and healthy.

But there is something I noticed in the middle of the enclosure. A red/yellow/orange, sparatically splattered substance has dripped on parts of the ground. This was several days ago, with no return of the substance or anything else. At first my thought was blood, or potentially worms of some kind. But nothing in her stool has led me to believe this is it. All of her feces are in the corner of the enclosure, with no red stains around that.

Very confused as to what this is, and still worried. She seems well, acting fine and still eating. I think she may have gotten cut somewhere, or maybe nawn by a cricket somehow, but I inspected her as best I could and saw nothing.

Also worried about if she had been wild caught or not, although she is relatively young.
Help!
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
elena
Can't tell you anything about the pink stuff, but if you bought her and she wasn't specifically labeled as CBB, then there's a 99% chance she's WC and has probably never been treated for parasites. There are a few people out there breeding tokays, but the vast majority of available animals, especially in pet stores, are WC. You might consider taking a stool sample to a local exotics vet if you are concerned she is unhealthy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
blood, tokay gecko