places to visit - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
Apep
places to visit

what are some good places to visit all over the world that are reptile oriented?
i'm going on a trip with my dad around the world and i want to go to a many reptile areas. any ideas?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
chondrogal
Your request is pretty broad, I would really suggest doing some google work and check into "ecotourism". You will find some incredible information for world travelers looking for reptile oriented experiences.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
DJReptile
Costa Rica! The Reptile Zoo in San Jose, the capital, is pretty damn cool, and the country itself is a pleasure to explore. You'll get dart frogs, fer-de-lance, boas, and a host of other amazing herps all in a country you can travel across with an 8 hour bus ride.

Australia! You could fill several books with the awesomeness that is Australia's herps (many people have)! Taipans, saltwater crocs, freshwater crocs, death adders, tiger snakes, frilled dragons, and lace monitors are just the short list of reptilian reasons to visit the land down under. If you were really lucky and persistent you might even catch a glimpse of an Australian Green Tree Python. Something very few people can truthfully claim to have seen.

New Zealand! You want weird critters? New Zealand has them. Tuataras, Naultinus Geckos, penguins, just all sorts of neat stuff!

New Caledonia! I mean c'mon man, cresties in the wild!

Mada*******gascar! If you don't know why then just shoot yourself. No really. Uroplatus, Leopard Tortoises, Day Geckos, Panther Chameleons, Mantellas, Dumeril's Boas. More staples of the pet trade then you can shake a stick at and all going fast. See them while you can. Seriously, here's the gun.

Hope this helps you, and I hope you have an amazing time. Be careful though. Once the travel bug bites you there's no cure I've come across...though come to think of it I wouldn't want one if there were.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:04 AM   #4
shrap
Without a doubt the two places I want to visit before I die; The Galapagos Islands and Madagascar.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
Chameleon Company
Mada has great local beer from what I hear, although it is admittedly difficult to screw up local beer, while the Galaps have no local beer, only imported. Certainly factors worthy of consideration .

Old 08-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
reptiman93
wild iguana island!!1

if you are interested into iguanas there is a set of islands in the carribean called turks and caicos islands. there is a small one called little water cay. and the only things that live on it are thousands of wild iguanas. and another island providencialas has amazing snorkeling if you like fish

Old 08-11-2008, 09:16 AM   #7
reptiman93
and drink age is 17 in turks and caicos haha so party on

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!