Where can I find good info. on breeding? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #1
Nichalia
Where can I find good info. on breeding?

My W. Hognoses are a few years old now, and I'm interested in breeding them now. I've never bred snakes before... just betta fish. I'm pretty sure the process is a little different. What do I need? What do I need to do? I think that Hognose.com is no more (I've seen it mentioned here a few times, and tried to check it out.) and I'm not sure where to go for information. I have more males than females in my little collection, and am looking for some more females to even it all out.

Can anyone direct me to some good, solid Hognose breeding info?

Thanks,
Nikki

Old 02-06-2005, 10:02 AM   #2
kare
Hognose caresheets

One that I found well written is at www.reptileallsorts.com
It's a care guide by Robert Gilbert with a section on breeding.
You can always use search engines like google or dog pile too. I found many hits off each.
Good luck!

Old 02-06-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
Glenn Bartley
Keeping and Breeding Snakes by Chris Mattison (Blandford press, 1988 and later revisions) is a good all around book for beginning to intermediate snake breeders. It will get you pointed in the right direction for sure.

Breeding Western Hognose Sankes is a pretty straightforward operation and follows general breeding for many egg laying North American Colubrids.

Old 02-06-2005, 06:26 PM   #4
Glenn Bartley
Try this link for URL=http://www.hognose.com/pages/venomous.htm#weaver]Hognose.com[/url]

Old 02-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #5
Glenn Bartley
Let me try that again: hognose.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!