John Apple - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 03-30-2003, 09:15 AM   #1
John Apple
me

This is me if I got this right
I am into my kids [6] and my animals
pictus morphs
obsoleta morphs
tarantulas and my russian torts that have been hibernating under my garage for 7 years
Nature is my second love, too many things out there to see and learn about

honesty is 1st
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2003, 11:49 PM   #2
Stardust
I too am in MI, but a colder area, TC area. I too would like to know more about your torts.

Old 04-07-2003, 05:28 PM   #3
John Apple
What can I say but that these guys are the lowest maintenance guys around.
The climate where they come from is colder and a bit harsher.
Its a dryer climate also, If the have a place that stays dry in the winter to hibernate they will make it , if its wet and the soil is very moist they will most likely get skin sores and or a resperatory infection. Under my garage it is dry enough for them even with all the snow we had this season [ the tunnells go in many feet and branch off] I never see the eggs I am thinking they lay them in the burrows like many references say, but I see the babies in the fall and spring. I only see the torts on the cooler days like early spring to the beginning of June. In July and August I might only see them once if at all. In september and parts of October I see them daily.I have three toads that live in with them also for any pest control

Old 07-16-2003, 03:23 AM   #4
NEWReptiles
Quote:
tarantulas and my russian torts that have been hibernating under my garage for 7 years
Thats great, my ex wife has been under my garage for about 7 yrs as well...lol

Nice to meet ya.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:37 AM   #5
John Apple
Boy can I tell ya something about ex-wives
the Russians have laid some eggs again this year

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!