Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 34 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #331
Drew Zaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz465 View Post
Dont mean to bring up something unrelated, but its seems if sakara knew the chances for her animals to have ibd would she not be financially/criminally responsible for any animals she sold?
I should think so without a doubt however I must qualify...I practice law on the Intertoobs...not in a courtroom.

Its ok though, I do not charge for my time

Old 12-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #332
amercnwmn
lol..Yeah I would think people would have a justifiable complaint if the worst should prove true.

I don't know how MUCH can be done in cases like this.

I do know it wouldn't be the first time someone sought legal action against an unethical seller.
Let's hope, for the sake of animals involved it DOES NOT come to that

Old 12-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #333
ShadowAceD
I doubt it, to be honest. You'd need all kinds of proof that are likely not available since the animal in question was not tested to the full extent to prove IBD.

That aside, since so little is known about the disease, I doubt it is a viable case. Technically speaking, in any given collection, you could assume that 33% of the animals in the collection are carriers and potentially be right.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #334
ShadowAceD
Carriers meaning currently asymptomatic.

And it's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Remember that.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #335
Elizabethlea27
Well I am getting angrier by the day as I wipe mites off the male she sent me daily, and I have still not managed to be rid of mites. So every day that passes with mites in the house feels like another day of infection spreading. I know you can't kill mites overnight but when they might have IBD contaminated blood in them you sure as heck want to!!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #336
ShadowAceD
I understand that, but her admittance to her BS, sadly, will not rectify the mite situation.

Elizabeth, PM me, I've fought off a very frustrating mite infestation when I moved to Florida that struck twice in the same year.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:41 PM   #337
Adrya
As far as IBD goes and being completely mature and adult about everything...

It only took just ONE report of IBD for ME to completely shut down my collection. NO more BREEDING, SELLING, or BUYING... PERMANENTLY. I have had 5 more IBD-related deaths since that first report 2 years ago. I don't have the heart to euthanize them all simply because I love them too much, and most are still doing well but are asymptomatic. Do I think that they are clear of the disease because they seem to be fine? HELL NO! I am taking them on ONE at a TIME. The only time a snake leaves my place is by death or euthanization.

So MY snakes are nothing more than beloved pets (as they always were to begin with) now, and will be until each and every one of them eventually "checks out" from illness/euthanization/death. Once everyone is eventually gone, their cages that I built for each of them will be thrown out/burned along with all of their accessories and tools. EVERYTHING related to them will be thrown out, and I will not even get any more snakes or new cages for a couple of years or more after it's all over.

My 15 remaining adult boas and pythons are a lot to take care of and keep permanently as pets until they eventually expire by whatever means, but will still be well fed, watered, cleaned, cared for and deeply loved until then. I care for and love them each day as if they were going to die tomorrow.

YOU have more snakes than I do, Ashley. Are you willing to keep your collection permanently closed for the rest of their lives or until you finally decide to euthanize them all? Are you willing to do the same for them as I do for mine?

I took things very seriously when I first found out my snakes had IBD and my collection has been locked down since, and will be, again, until each of them is eventually gone.

As I have said before in some of my previous posts, I know I can’t do anything to help them, and whatever happens with them, happens.

I have trouble sleeping every night, knowing their fate.

Christ, we’re the same age, Ashley, but I at least was an ADULT and completely HONEST about my IBD situation from the start.

Can YOU say the same?

Heh... I wouldn’t think so.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #338
RachelSS
Well I guess it's time I post in here.

I stood up for Ashley because I thought the one case of the BCL was properly quarantined and I didn't read the entirety of the necropsy results of her burmese python.

I purchased 2 Bolivian boas from Ashley. I pretreated them for mites and put them into a PROPER quarantine upon arrival. away from the rest of my collection. I knew from another friend his snakes at her house had mites, so I didn't want to take any chances. I'm glad I listened.

After the information posted in this thread and lack of attached addendum to the burmese pythons' necropsy, I'm now greatly concerned for the health of my animals I purchased from her. I contacted her IMMEDIATELY when I noticed mites. I hadn't seen any to begin with and I thought I was in the clear. I had a nagging feeling to check them after Elizabeth found mites on her Bolivians purchased from Ashley.

I went and squeezed the scales on the bellies of the Bolivians and what do you know, mites. I treated them AGAIN, and have since seen mites dying off (in the water bowl and the papertowels).

After treating them, I showered, had clothes brought to me, and checked my collection in my main snake room. Not one single mite on any of my snakes. I even checked my trigger happy White Lipped Python (who anyone who knows the story of this snake knows she likes to fight people, I was terrified) and not ONE single mite. Notaone.

I contacted Ashley about the mites and she didn't even immediately offer an apology, which hurt me a little, considering I thought of her as a good friend. No big deal, I figured she was stressed.

I think it was ~4-5 days later, not a peep from her asking how the snakes are doing, I contacted her over my growing concerns for these snakes' health, my collections potential health if I ever moved the Bolivians out of QT, I would be DEVASTATED for killing them. I sent Ashley a few instant messages while she was logged onto facebook chat and AIM. No response.

I text her and asked her if she saw my IMs, and I wanted to talk to her about my concerns with the Bolivians. She said "Uhh, what concerns?"

Now at this point, I am pissed OFF. What concerns you ask? I told her I didn't want to fight and I was concerned for the health of these animals and that SHE needed to pay for these animals to be IBD tested, and I was no longer willing to keep them in my house and watch them die, and be out $700. Silence. For hours. I finally sent her a message on facebook telling her I wanted to hear a resolution to this issue by 10pm EST on 12/22/2010. Just a plan. Whether she was willing to give me a refund.

I wake up around 11am, and she was logged into redtailboa.net and just never bothered to respond to my facebook email till 4pm. She said that she needed to discuss the issue with Ryan, her husband, and that she is not avoiding me. There was no "I will give you a refund by x date" or anything. It was just a "I won't hear from Ryan until 10-2 CST and will give you an answer then."

I'm curious what the answer is to. I told her she needed to refund me the money for the animals and the amount necessary to ship them back to her, and i want it done by Friday. I understand that the holidays are here, but I am NOT going to lose out on $700 to someone I THOUGHT was a good friend and completely avoided me about a VERY SERIOUS health issue.

I will post the copy of the email I sent and her response, if necessary, but her response was the same as the one she gave Elizabeth.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #339
RachelSS
I will note that I ALSO offered to continue to treat and feed these animals until the weather clears up in Memphis as it's snowing/raining/colder than heck. But the animals MUST go back and she MUST get them tested for IBD.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #340
Elizabethlea27
Yeah it sounds identical to the answer she gave me: "I'll talk to Ryan"...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd