Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 35 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #341
amercnwmn
I'm really, very sorry, guys.

I know it's close to the holidays, and people are strapped. However, I bet her and her family aren't going without things.

Ashley has at least ONE motorcycle she can't ride, and her husband is overseas, and they have an extra car. They can pawn them if they want to seriously make amends for careless/reckless behavior.

Now that may seem harsh, but she has cost you guys MUCH more money than just the cost of those snakes now. You guys are going to have to have your own testing done, or put projects on hold while you wait out the stability of your own collections.

You both ponied up the money to buy from someone you thought was a friend and a responsible keeper you could trust. She misrepresented herself and her animals.

She has bought snakes without asking for her husband's permission. Refunding the money should not require it. It's the LEAST she can do, at this point.

I'm just sorry none of this was given the attention it deserved when it was addressed initially.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #342
reticguy76
I must say, all this dont look so good for Ashley and her snakes. Mites are a pain in the rumpus right. It's an easy fix but can be time consuming. I had a rescue boa a few years back that was covered in them. I uses jurassimite. Best stuff ever ( at least for that boa )

Old 12-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #343
RachelSS
Mites are a pain but so far my treatment method has worked. I've also sprayed the carpet around the quarantine room to stop any of those little things from trailing their way to my main room. I have not at this point found any mites on my snakes.

*sigh*

Old 12-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #344
RachelSS
i'm also emailing Dr. jacobson to ask him what Elizabeth and I should do about the quarantine and potentially shutting down our collections. I explained to him pretty much step by step how I have quarantined them and asked if MY breeding projects are potentially a liability for another buyer. If he tells me to wait it out, I will stop my breeding projects and wait it out.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #345
Elizabethlea27
Thank you Rachel, very much. I will follow whatever advice you receive, although because mites have made their way to my main room my situation is a little different. I wish I had caught the mite problem sooner.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #346
Adrya
I'm really sorry about this guys, and I only wish I could have found Ashley's initial IBD thread sooner, then you two (and others) most likely wouldn't be in this situation.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #347
jere000
Something I thought I might add, when mites are in their nymph stage they become airborne as they are like dust and spread around as air moves through the room.I hate mites they're a pain in the arse to get rid of.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #348
RachelSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jere000 View Post
Something I thought I might add, when mites are in their nymph stage they become airborne as they are like dust and spread around as air moves through the room.I hate mites they're a pain in the arse to get rid of.
Yes. When I was treating them for mites, I showered using the other shower in my apartment IMMEDIATELY after treating for mites. I will not take ANY chances infecting my collection.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #349
RachelSS
I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to start a rumor that I have a confirmed IBD death in MY collection but it's 100% NOT TRUE.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #350
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelSS View Post
I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to start a rumor that I have a confirmed IBD death in MY collection but it's 100% NOT TRUE.
That person probably did not read through all the info on here and started talking before they started walking, so to speak.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd