Swollen Toe - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
condor53
Exclamation Swollen Toe

My Beardie recently went into shed. After he was done shedding, I noticed that his front feet had not shed and one toe on his left foot was swollen. I began to soak him for about 30 minutes in 85 degree water each day. I did this for a couple of days until today, when his feet shed. i was examining him to make sure all of the skin came off and noticed his toe was still swollen. He has also decided not to eat his roaches for the last two days but has been eating greens and vegetables like crazy. He is not losing weight. He is 430 grams, 20 inches long, and about 11 months old. He is setup in a 4x2x2 wooden vivarium with sliding glass doors. He has an 11 inch clay pot saucer as a water bowl, bamboo root to climb on, a wooden hide, a rock under his uvb light, and a large, flat rock to bask on. His basking temperatures are about 107 degrees and the cool side temps. are around 80 degrees. The UVB lamp is a zoomed reptisun 10.0. He basks and soaks outside in the sun at least once a week. He is fed Greens every morning and vegetables and fruits 3-4 times a week. He gets 10-15 large dubia roaches with repcal calcium with d3 and vitamins every night. I am thinking about getting him some superworms to get some insect prey into him until he starts to eat his roaches again. His toe does not seem to be bothering him because he runs around his cage and on my bedroom floor. Is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling and get him to eat his roaches again?

Thanks,

Connor

Old 06-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
john.r1
The same thing happened with my dragon i noticed his toe on back foot had swollen , it was sore to touch and if he was sat around he would hover his leg in the air , I visited the vets he gave me baytril and metacam , baytril is an wide spectrum antibiotic which he was on for 14 days and metacam is an anti inflammatory for cats 14 days , his toe never fully went down it does not seem sore to touch anymore and he moves fine on it , his clear nail had blood in it ! I don't no how it happened but he shed inbetween all this and swelling went down a bit but not fully . I've posted some pictures on here somewhere if you have a look and see if it looks like yours. I would go and see your vet

Old 06-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
condor53
Thanks a lot for the help! I tried my idea about giving him superworms to get hi to eat insects and it worked. he is back to eating insects.

Thanks again,

Connor

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!