swollen foot - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Headcreeps
swollen foot

my female bearded dragon, about 2 years old I noticed has a swollen foot. She puts pressure on it and is able to walk well. It looks very different from the other though.
She has adequate space, her substrate is newspaper, also has the right heat bulb reaching the right temperature and uvb tube. She also has a great appetite.

That foot is currently in shed as well..

Old 07-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
DragonfyrNJ
It looks as if she may have some infection going on there...can you wash the foot well using warm (not hot) water and an old toothbrush...then look to see if there is any injury to the foot, toes or nails.....if you can't see anything i would advise a trip to the vet as if it is not treated he could lose the foot or die of systemic infection

Louise

Old 07-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
jmp745
Do you know how long that leg has been needing to shed? if its been a long time and there are layers of shed, it might just be restricting blood flow to the foot. Which is bad. I'd do some crazy bathing and see if that shed comes off, and maybe the swelling will go down.

the tail looks like it needs to shed to.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
OEdwards
When I worked at a pet store a chameleon there got gout and its feet started to swell from over dusting how often do you dust her food?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!