For Sale Glass Nebula sculptures for sale - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Member to Member Flea Market

Notices

Member to Member Flea Market This forum is for the sale or trade of anything you want, as long as it is legal and both parties respect the laws regarding buying and selling such items.

Old 12-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
phoenix-cry
Glass Nebula sculptures for sale

This was originally a vintage glass magnifying glass dome that I created a nebula inside of with a mixed media sealed in resin. There is beautiful dimension to explore inside this dome like owning a small piece of space itself!

The dome is 3 inches in diameter at the base.

Perfect for any space lover! I can do custom colors. Very unique gift.

50$ dollars each.
USA shipping 5$
International shipping 10$

Artist: Lauren Clark
Email: Phoenixcrysg1@yahoo.com
Or PM me.

Contact User Check User
Old 12-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Very cool Lauren. Can you do flat circles/discs to specific sizes?

Old 12-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #3
phoenix-cry
I have done a few flat disc ones that are 6 inches across and about an inch deep. They are cool, but don't have the same depth. What did you have in mind?

Contact User Check User
Old 12-16-2016, 11:46 AM   #4
Robert Walker
"What did you have in mind?"

Sorry for the sucky picture. I have these lights with flat stained glass discs inserted into them. This was the only color I could find. I would like to pull out some of these discs (easy to do) and insert different color ones periodically into it to accent the lights. 5-8 discs in each light. The measurements would have to be pretty exact: diameter and thickness.

Not sure if your process is this exact?? Kind of make sense?

Old 12-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #5
phoenix-cry
Sorry. The disks need to have a lip to hold in the resin. Also with the heat of the lamp the resin may sag over time.

However you can get glass paint to easily change the colors to a darker solid one.
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-cry View Post
Sorry. The disks need to have a lip to hold in the resin. Also with the heat of the lamp the resin may sag over time.

However you can get glass paint to easily change the colors to a darker solid one.
No worries, it was a try, and I appreciate your honesty. Thank you for the suggestion on the glass paint, never crossed my mind. Your Nebulas are beautiful!!

Old 12-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #7
phoenix-cry
Thank you! Yup. Glass paint you can get it at Michel's
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!