Bad Guy Ean Cudworth.....AKA......Cudworth. Breach! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
Joe Cannonito
Ean Cudworth.....AKA......Cudworth. Breach!

Use your discretion on dealing with this person. From my own personal experience with him, we had a trade deal, that EAN offered to me and I accepted. The deal that he submitted to me was his female super pastel for my male breeder Lesser, and we each pay shipping. He offered, I accepted.
This deal was done through Text Messaging, which I have saved, as important to all business transactions. Not only was this a Verbal Contract, it can be understood as a written Contract through messaging, since it has been placed in written form(Business Law). This was a contract per his offer, and My acceptance.

Now, As WE ALL KNOW, deals happen, deals are broken. What is very shady is that he did not make aware that he made another deal with someone else, and today, the day we both were to ship, I contact him to trade shipping info, and he informs me that he sold the super to someone else, WITHOUT NOTIFYING me prior. He explains himself as he "lost my contact information, and he does not save numbers" and then states he "was going to tell me when I contacted him". Even though he alleges that he lost my contact information(which is hard to believe since he did contact me with the trade, he visited my profile, and he knows my name, and knows all my posts). I passed up 2 other deals on him honoring the trade deal HE OFFERED, Not me.

The Bottom Line is, if another deal arrises, inform the other person quickly, instead of blowing the other party off. We all have had people bail on sales/trade deals, but the fact of the matter is, this is a negligent act on his part, and it cost me other deals. His direct actions violated our trade agreement, and he could care less. I replied to him " thank you for costing me 2 other deals with my animal, holding the snake for him". His direct reply was "Your Welcome, you of all people should know cash takes priority. People break deals on me all the time, so I do know how it works"

I AGREE, cash is king, have the courtesy to inform someone that you have a cash offer and you wish to void the deal. THIS IS MY GRIPE, and he cost me 2 possible deals in HOLDING THE ANIMAL FOR HIM.

Use caution when dealing with this person. He has been made aware of this post, as I am obligated to inform him. Just a shady individual, in my personal experience with him. His information is as follows
cudworth
Name : ean cudworth

Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
SPJ
Doesn't matter if "cash is king" or not.
You had a deal and he broke it when a better one (in his mind) came along.
Sounds to me like someone who cannot be trusted to do what they say.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
ShadowAceD
Sorry you feel burned, but this is not really worthy of a Bad Guy Thread. Maybe an Info one at most.

Not sure how it is shady either. You, yourself, just stated that cash is king, and in this economy, that is probably more true than it has been in some time. Money talks, it is that simple.

It's part of the business, you really just have to learn to deal with it.

A deal is not really done until money, goods or an animal is transferred or there is a written and signed contract.

While some states recognized verbal contracts or "textual" ones (dunno' about rules regarding text messaging), there is nothing really there to hold people to it without a signature and, even better, a notary. And since no one really can claim an actual monetary loss in the premature ending of the contract, it will not really hold up anywhere.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
Joe Cannonito

SPJ, thank you for siding with me. To Shadow, as recognized, Since Business management and finance is my sole Education and practice, as recognized within the US, it Was a contract, Which HE DELIVERED TO ME, and I ACCEPTED, through text and conversation. It is ENFORCEABLE if I wanted to be, but I will not, a waste of my time and it is not worth it. Period.
And yes, If I could edit this, it would be an Informative Post, and If the Mods see this, I hereby request they change it to that, or direct me on How I can, at their leisure, wrong titling.

As for further information, I am not mad about his actions, I am disturbed that people come on here, make deals, and re-nick on deals, without any prior info.

Yes, cash is king, but any person with integrity would agree, You MAKE a Deal, YOU Had Better Honor It!

More deals will be made, more deals will be broken, but a simple informative response would suffice

Old 05-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
ShadowAceD
They can't change it.

It's here forever.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Sorry you feel burned, but this is not really worthy of a Bad Guy Thread. Maybe an Info one at most.

Not sure how it is shady either. You, yourself, just stated that cash is king, and in this economy, that is probably more true than it has been in some time. Money talks, it is that simple.

It's part of the business, you really just have to learn to deal with it.

A deal is not really done until money, goods or an animal is transferred or there is a written and signed contract.

While some states recognized verbal contracts or "textual" ones (dunno' about rules regarding text messaging), there is nothing really there to hold people to it without a signature and, even better, a notary. And since no one really can claim an actual monetary loss in the premature ending of the contract, it will not really hold up anywhere.
He made a trade deal and broke it.
That makes him someone you cannot trust to complete a deal. A bad guy.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
kellysballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
They can't change it.

It's here forever.
As it should be. I agree with Joe and SPJ this is one person I would not do business with. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
Joe Cannonito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
He made a trade deal and broke it.
That makes him someone you cannot trust to complete a deal. A bad guy.
Thank You. And to Shadow, Thank You for the Info.

Its just Principal, the principal of the facts that irks me. You make a deal with someone, you keep it. You neglect a deal, it Always submits a cost, always.

I have made numerous deals with people, and have kept my word on ALL of them. Sometimes after I do make a deal, I have buyers remorse, especially when I drop some big coin. I hope my dealings I have made pan out(6 girls ready to drop in the next 7 days, and another 17 still to come for this season).

My principals are genuine. I honor deals i make, even if I offer on a loss and someone offers me more money/or a better trade. I have never had a negative mark on a deal I have made! Many can say that too, without exception. Which brings me to another point, everyone Will encounter this throughout life, "You Cant Please Everyone, you will tick someone off".

Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
Joe Cannonito
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysballs View Post
As it should be. I agree with Joe and SPJ this is one person I would not do business with. Thanks for the info.
Thanks again, All this post intention is, Keep your Princiapal. You Make a Deal To Someone, Honor it. Thats All.

I'm not out to ruin, blackball, defame someone intentionally, I'm here to make a mark in my hobby that is growing past 65 ball python morphs, make friends, business contacts, and mutual benefit. Thats all.

I would have taken a response such as, "Hey Joe, I have to pass on the trade, I really need cash to make ends meet". Not waiting hours before shipping to say " Off".

Thats it.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #10
David Reid
I think you are really mad because you wanted a Super Pastel female for your Lesser male. It sounds like a good trade from your side for sure. Before you rejected the offers for your male you should have double checked with the guy to make sure the trade was still on. Probably a good idea to post a bad guy thread about him, sounds like a real Turd.

Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!