Inquiry Reptile Asylum : Chris Young - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #161
the gecko geek
When I made the first post on the original ad, I didn't think I would start all this. I was just curious as to why it looked different than the usual geckos of that description.

I will admit that I am pretty new to the hobby, only being into leo's for about a year. But I will tell you that I did various research and talked to several well established (not top) breeders about genetics, care, and all other aspects of the animals BEFORE I even bought breeders, decided on projects, or even signed up for fauna. I was on here a lot as a guest, browsing, reading, LEARNING...

The point of my long drawn out post is that there ARE young people out there in the herp world that CAN be trusted. I just don't want the fact that Chris was so young to ruin any other young passionate herpers chances of doing any business with anyone because of someone else's bad behavior.

In a way I feel like I should say sorry to Chris and his family for starting all of this, but after reading this thread I can see that their true colors came out and they did all this to themselves.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #162
Katie.Shinkle
You can't blame yourself at all, Jordan...you were trying to help and you were incredibly nice in your replies to that ad!

I agree, this shouldn't turn anyone off of the young herp people at all. They are the future of this hobby, and deserve a chance just like anyone else. Although this child and his family were incredibly rude and close minded, it shouldn't cast a shadow over other kids, or just others new to the hobby. If you join the herp world with an open mind, a true love and passion for the animals, and the willingness to research and then research some more, you are top notch in my books! Well...ya know...as long as you have good business/ethic practices as well..haha!

Old 05-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #163
RickS
I rarely post here on Fauna, preferring to lurk and read instead. However, I feel that it should be said that Jordan did the community a service by responding to the original ad. His actions set the ball in motion, and had it not been for the chain of subsequent events, the herp community would not have been made aware of Chris' transgressions. At least not until another quick eye spotted something amiss. Thank you for bringing it to light, Jordan.

Rick

Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #164
the gecko geek
thank you to Katie and Rick for the kind words, but I just want to make something clear. When I made the original post on that ad I was just curious as to what was making it look that way. I didnt really think for a moment that it was a false advertisement (until the alleged parents of the gecko were given).

I am just fearful of the whole situation because I myself am young, not 15 but 19. Not extremely young but young. I just don't want to be labeled as a "punk" kid that doesn't care about what anyone says. as Katie said, the young people are the future in this business. I don't want one young person's mistake to ruin it for myself and the other young reptile lovers out there, because we all know it just takes one person to ruin it for the rest of us..

Old 05-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #165
RickS
Hi Chris. There are two distinct groups involved here. The honest, good intentioned people the BOI is famous for highlighting and encouraging, and the less than honest, less than kind folk the BOI is famous for exposing. Regardless of age, anybody in this industry has the chance to join either side, so to speak. Many people in your age group (18-20) are more mature and willing to listen to reason than those in my age group (28-30). Chris' age is not what makes him a bad guy. His actions and the actions of his "parents" (if they exist) are what makes him a bad guy.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #166
RickS
Oops, I just noticed that I addressed Chris in my previous post and I meant Jordan. My apologies, Jordan! No offense intended.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #167
the gecko geek
Rick, You are correct. and no worries, no offense taken. I understand that it was Chris's actions and not his age that was the problem. But people sometimes tend to judge before they think about it, and just see that it is a young kid and assume every young person is like that. The whole actions vs. age concept is what I was trying to convey.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 AM   #168
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Seems he got a little browsing in beforehand.

Hey Adie, I don't know why this guy is stalking you but I have is phone and address if you need it.

I wouldn't doubt it after all his little indirect threats.

Quote:
The lower you get, the more you will get. I have a three day weekend so other than going to the Indy 500, I will have plenty of time to spend here.
Quote:
If you are not sure that you can keep quite, you better not make the trip.

After reading and seeing all this, I feel the most sorry for Chris. If my parents acted like this, I would have never learned from my mistakes and on a different path in life. I hope this is a valuable lessong learned.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris young, michele young, morty, reptile asylum, robin young