Inquiry Reptile Asylum : Chris Young - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
rjarosek
[quote=hhmoore;1285200]I was responding to Snowgyre...I have this bad habit of opening other tabs to view the threads in question while I'm posting; and the delay allows other people to add posts. I really should learn to
Quote:
as a matter of practice. There is nothing wrong with bringing your concerns here - it's a whole lot better than 20 posts disputing the OP in an ad.
Got it thanks!

Old 05-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
FatTailPro
I personally wouldn't do business with him. Solely because he doesn't seem to know what genetics are in his geckos. I don't know weather he is simply mistaken and has to much pride to take anyone's advice or if he is deliberately trying to sell a gecko for more then it's worth by misrepresenting it.

However, my money's on him not knowing genetics too well. In one of his ads he labels a leopard gecko as Las Vegas snow 100% het supersnow 66% het patternless.

A gecko can't be 'het for super snow' since Super snow is co-dom snow x co-dom snow. NOT a recessive trait.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTailPro View Post

A gecko can't be 'het for super snow' since Super snow is co-dom snow x co-dom snow. NOT a recessive trait.

I agree with most of your message and get what you are saying about the co-dom snow but...

A Mack Snow (co-dom) is the heterozygous form of the Supersnow. The super snow is homozygous form. Saying 100% het for a SuperSnow is true but only if it is a co-dom snow. Het for co-dom trates is not used much in leopard geckos. Sometimes like with the YB ball python (aka het for ivory) it is. It is my understanding that co-dom snows do not hatch with yellow/orange color and supers are almost all pink then develop the pattern. I do not think Reptile Asylum means what I am decribing.

I belive you are correct (too proud and not up on genetics)

Old 05-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post
decribing.
*Describing

Sorry I have a broken right hand.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #15
dng123
This Chris guy needs to swallow his pride and realize he needs to do a some brushing up on his genetics and morph identification.
I could be wrong,but I thought I saw him post on his original "dreamsicle" ad that he had been in the business for a while. After reading through his account for reptile asylum on facebook, which was created early this month, he states that he is just getting started. This definately isnt a person I would do business with.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #16
hhmoore
Has Chris been notified of this thread?

I'm curious, and would like to ask him a question.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #17
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Has Chris been notified of this thread?

I'm curious, and would like to ask him a question.

I just sent him the link via PM. Maybe he can clear things up.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #18
Kristi23
None of the geckos shown above are listed correctly. Not only would I not buy from a seller who doesn't know genetics/morphs, but I would never buy from one who acted the way he did in his ad.

I hope that he can learn from his mistakes and let someone help him out instead of arguing and disagreeing with everyone.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
hhmoore
I'd like to know how old Chris is, and why he has two different accounts (showing very different ages).
Who is Michele, Chris?
And who is Angel?

Old 05-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #20
rjarosek
Angel looks like a buddy of his or he talks to himself on FB. Keep in mind they have 10 followers on FB.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris young, michele young, morty, reptile asylum, robin young