Bad Guy Adam Meth turned to the dark side - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
VinnyButch
Adam Meth turned to the dark side

I've never gotten completely screwed in this hobby vefore, but I guess there's a first for everything.

Adam Meth advertised (with photos) a beautiful clutch of Diamond Pythons he claimed to have produced. He posted them on a FB classifieds page. He had a few good guy posts on here, so I felt safe in sending him a $100 deposit for a pair. He said after they'd had a few meals and a shed, they'd be good to go.

On June 28th, 2014, I sent him $100 through Paypal. At the end of July, I started trying to reach him to see what the status of the clutch was. First problem was that his Paypal address was no longer in service. Then I asked here if anyone knew how to reach him and got a phone number. I've left messages that have gone unreturned.

Paypal tells me that since the situation is now 54 days old, it's too late to file a dispute, so I'm pretty much screwed.

It's not worth the price of gas to drive to his place and smack him, so I guess he'll be living large on my $100 bill.

Just be careful out there.

Vinny

Old 08-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
scosta56
Any proof ? Texts, phone calls, emails, screen shots. I'm really sorry to hear about that. If you want to state your case definitely need what is mentioned above.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyButch View Post
I've never gotten completely screwed in this hobby vefore, but I guess there's a first for everything.

Adam Meth advertised (with photos) a beautiful clutch of Diamond Pythons he claimed to have produced. He posted them on a FB classifieds page. He had a few good guy posts on here, so I felt safe in sending him a $100 deposit for a pair. He said after they'd had a few meals and a shed, they'd be good to go.

On June 28th, 2014, I sent him $100 through Paypal. At the end of July, I started trying to reach him to see what the status of the clutch was. First problem was that his Paypal address was no longer in service. Then I asked here if anyone knew how to reach him and got a phone number. I've left messages that have gone unreturned.

Paypal tells me that since the situation is now 54 days old, it's too late to file a dispute, so I'm pretty much screwed.

It's not worth the price of gas to drive to his place and smack him, so I guess he'll be living large on my $100 bill.

Just be careful out there.

Vinny

Vinny
I'm sorry you got burnt. This seems to be happening a lot from FB people.

And it's always worth the gas to smack someone who will or did rip you off. If he'd do it for $100 he will do for $1000. And it might help him understand ripping people off is not good. And that's only if he's with in reach.

If he lived in NY,his $100 won't get him much. Lol

Old 08-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
VinnyButch
Ok, how do I take a screen shot of my Paypal account to show?

Old 08-20-2014, 12:53 AM   #6
EmeraldBoid
On a PC, there is a print screen key ("prt sc" in the top right hand corner). Go to the page, press it, open a bitmap image (right click + new+ bitmap image), then just paste.

If you used a credit card through PayPal then you can still file with your credit company.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:25 AM   #7
VinnyButch
I know this isn't what anyone's looking for, but it's the best copy and paste I could do. I couldn't get a simple screen shot to work for me. If this doesn't do enough to make this post worthwhile, please feel free to delete it. I was just trying to inform. I get the feeling he's trying to pick up some cash on his way out of the business.
His web page has been taken down.

Search PayPalSearch
Skip to main content
Log OutHelpSecurity and Protection
My Account
Overview
Add Money
Withdraw
History
Statements
Resolution Center
Send Money
Request Money
Merchant Services
Products & Services

Transaction Details

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 7EE48033TL4619045)

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jun 28, 2014 Payment To Adam Meth Completed ... -$100.00 USD

Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jun 28, 2014 Charged PayPal Extras MasterCard® Completed Details $100.00 USD

Sent to:
Adam Meth (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
homeya100@netscape.net
Amount sent:
-$100.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$100.00 USD

Date:
Jun 28, 2014
Time:
18:45:04 PDT
Completed

Subject:
You have sent $100.00 USD to Adam Meth with PayPal
Note:
$100 deposit on 1.1 Diamond Pythons. Sorry for the delay. FB didn't send me an email till your third message.
Funding Type:
PayPal Extras MasterCard®
Funding Source:
$100.00 USD - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-0026

Old 08-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
scosta56
OK I see the proof of payment. Anything with emails not being sent or any message regarding him blocking you that you can possibly add. This is exactly why I want to test the waters on my courier service. To prevent these Things from happening. I have been reading a lot of boi posts regarding people being scammed on fb forums. Not to sure what is wrong with people lately, but its making me very weary of buying. I'm really sorry this happened to you. Money is tight for everyone and every dime counts, but still no excuse to run off with someone's hard earned money. I would file a claim with PayPal they should cover it regardless you never were shipped anything.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
MADOGRE
WOW that stinks, I got a baby from him, I am guessing you saw it on Rare Reptiles Classifieds?

I must say it was an odd transaction and he acted very strange and did not want to ship when it was ready yet wanted me to pay in the balance and then wait a few months on the temps to get lower, its was 88-90F in both our location.
After a few days of back and forth I did get him to agree to ship and it arrived live and well, he also helped me get it feeding, it did not want to for about the first 2 weeks or so.

I tried to buy a 2nd one, and he told me that the only ones left where not feeding and would not be fore sale until they did so, so I did not feel he was trying to scam.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #10
VinnyButch
That's good to hear. Maybe he's just got some communication issues. Boy, that would make me happy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!