Bad Guy John Wilson adamsbraown67@gmail.com SCAM - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #1
terrylove
John Wilson adamsbraown67@gmail.com SCAM

Today I received the following email. It instantly seemed suspicious and I believe it is a total scam to acquire my information. BUYERS BEWARE!

A person "John Wilson" vaguely asked about the Stimsoni I have for sale (without actually mentioning them specifically or asking for any info about them.)

His email address is: adamsbraown67@gmail.com

When I asked to speak over the phone, he declined saying he was in a hurry and would actually pay me more.

I haven't heard from him since taking this screenshot... I think that speaks for itself.

Beware of any "buyer" wanting to pay you extra for your services, or requesting information from you they don't need. Money Orders, cashier's checks and "make arrangement for pick-up" are RED FLAGS PEOPLE.

Here is a screenshot of the conversation:
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2017, 06:58 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Thank you Terry for sharing this with others.
Appears to be doing this for a while under the same alias.
Used/Using: 323-487-8474

Phone number goes to Facebook account: Христина Томинова
https://www.facebook.com/vip.tominova
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
terrylove
That doesn't surprise me. I've gotten these from other online sites like craigslist, but didn't think they'd infiltrated Fauna. Oh well. Time to be even more vigilant.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:18 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylove View Post
That doesn't surprise me. I've gotten these from other online sites like craigslist, but didn't think they'd infiltrated Fauna. Oh well. Time to be even more vigilant.
When you put your email address in your ads on this site, then that information is available to be viewed by the general public. That includes unregistered guests, web search spiders, scammers, spammers, etc. If you don't want to be exposed to this sort of external contact, then I advise you to utilize your phone or our internal private messaging system for your correspondence.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
or our internal private messaging system for your correspondence.
This

Old 03-17-2017, 03:17 AM   #6
ORTALLERICO
Same here

I got the same guy emailing me, I took a screen shot.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2017, 03:49 AM   #7
CaptivatingCritters
Thanks for creating this thread- I just got an email as well. All it said was "Still available?" and the title of the e-mail was my ad title. Doing a google search brought me to this and I reported them to gmail

Old 03-17-2017, 07:55 AM   #8
Magic Carpet
I'm talking to him now

Old 03-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #9
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptivatingCritters View Post
I reported them to gmail
Crystel, would you mind educating us on how you did this, I think it would be valuable for others to know how as well. Thanks

Old 03-17-2017, 08:17 AM   #10
Magic Carpet
I would like to find out, so after they get your name address and phone number, what can they possibly do with it?
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!