Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #51
The BoidSmith
Bill,

I’ve always been an advocate for the picture ID, particularly in distinctively-patterned species. But in this instance the similarities between these two animals are stunning. Even after thoroughly looking at two pictures of two animals with 20 plus saddles, we can’t agree if it’s a different animal or not. In my opinion sending the $200 to end this thread will actually have the opposite effect what you are willing to accomplish. That kind of money (even double it if you need to, after all it’s an investment) will be better invested in a digital camera. You don’t need a fancy one here, just one that will show critical areas where similarities and differences have been pointed out already. Probably nothing in the filed of biology is impossible. Maybe you have found the identical twin of Lee’s snake! One way or the other the circumstances around this case call for extreme measures, and those are not returning the money and forgetting about what has been said. If as you say you want to clear this up you need to prove beyond any doubt that these are two animals and not the same. Opinions are really divided here, but by sending the $200 you will leave nearly half of the people with more doubts than they already have.

Regards.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #52
pch101
I have been going over the pics over and over from the time this was first posted, and I am convinced that they are without a doubt the same snake in my opinion. The only way that Bill can account for this and save face is if maybe the person he bought his batch of boas from is an employee for the delivery company that delivered the "snakeless" box with the hole in it to him. That would be just another huge coincidence now wouldn't it. Nothing in Bills defense adds up. The fact that the snakes are identical, The no camera thing (come on, we live in modern times), the fact that he is selling exactly the same thing that he was looking to buy just a little while ago. And, why in the world would he want 2 DH ghost males? And then when he it gets "lost", he decides to sell the other that looks identical to the one he says he never got. On the other hand, Lees situation is making a world of sense to me. Bill has a great rep, and I am wondering if maybe Bill felt that that rep would cast enough doubt on Lees story.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #53
critical bill
No Bill thats not it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearwater_Reptiles
To be honest I don't really know what else to say on this whole thing, I presented all I have in the way of proof and by me offering to send the money to Lee makes me look guilty then so be it. I will admit that I don't Know as much about genetics as I should, I can only go by what people tell me DH- Hypo I guess I need to take a step back and become more knowledgable before I try to sell the snakes I have
You're a Faunaclassified Certified Good Guy. Thats it. Thats why the hammer is being dropped down hard here. Paying Lee any amount of money doesn't dissolve the fact that many firmly believe this is the same snake. To those who believe it is the same snake...well....you're only paying him what you owe him.

This post is not about what you do know or don't know about genetics. Its not about you taking a step back before trying to sell the remaining snakes you have. Its about the one snake you stated was lost in transit, but yet appears to be part of your current collection.

Heck, I'll tell you what, before you pay Lee back, send the snake to me. I'll foot the shipping bill on the way to me and you foot the bill on the way back to you. I'll take a ton of photos for you and post them. I'd like to be wrong in this Bill. Help me out.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:07 PM   #54
BenSiegelReptiles
Post busted

busted-plain and simple---busted to the core-BUSTED WIDE OPEN---over-done with--i think bill should pay for the balance owed on the snake for starters, and anything else he might think of to make amends for this terrible trangression. Alot of people may have doubts, but those are the same snakes--i keep going back and looking at the pics, and instead of finding difference, just keep on finding more similarities.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:10 PM   #55
dragonflyreptiles
Bill, PM me your address and Imm priority mail you my Digimax430 tomorrow and you can send it back to me next week. Then you can take pics at different angles and try to get pics in the same position as the pics of Lee's.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:13 PM   #56
pch101
"Heck, I'll tell you what, before you pay Lee back, send the snake to me. I'll foot the shipping bill on the way to me and you foot the bill on the way back to you. I'll take a ton of photos for you and post them. I'd like to be wrong in this Bill. Help me out."

I will be willing to do the same thing as well. And if it is deemed to be a different snake by the Fauna viewers, I will foot the bill both ways. However, if it is agreed by the vast majority to be the same snake than you can pay the shipping both ways. Sound fair?

Old 07-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #57
pch101
"Bill, PM me your address and Imm priority mail you my Digimax430 tomorrow and you can send it back to me next week. Then you can take pics at different angles and try to get pics in the same position as the pics of Lee's."

Another very generous offer for you Bill. Wendy, that is very nice of you to offer your camera to help clear this all up.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #58
Bill_Leverton
OK this will be my last post on this, If I'm labled a scammer then so be it. James and everyone else I cant explain why they look alike. I know how this all went down and I'm sticking by it ...James I didn't go to Texas to buy snakes. I went to visit my daughter and was approached about buying them.. When I bought the DH from Lee all I had was the picture that was posted here and when I bought this male I didn't really give it a second thought. about my rep points and my good Certif....Take them away I cant explain any of this and I really don't have the energy to try...So I'm leaving You all with this thought You have to believe what is in your heart and In mine I feel like because of lack of evidence on my part, I'm sunk to the bottom of the scum pile and If I'm ostracized from this community because of this Well I guess I just say good bye now...And Like i said earlier Lee will get his money, and with that I will say good bye..

Old 07-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #59
pch101
"OK this will be my last post on this, If I'm labled a scammer then so be it. James and everyone else I cant explain why they look alike. I know how this all went down and I'm sticking by it ...James I didn't go to Texas to buy snakes. I went to visit my daughter and was approached about buying them.. When I bought the DH from Lee all I had was the picture that was posted here and when I bought this male I didn't really give it a second thought. about my rep points and my good Certif....Take them away I cant explain any of this and I really don't have the energy to try...So I'm leaving You all with this thought You have to believe what is in your heart and In mine I feel like because of lack of evidence on my part, I'm sunk to the bottom of the scum pile and If I'm ostracized from this community because of this Well I guess I just say good bye now...And Like i said earlier Lee will get his money, and with that I will say good bye.. "

Bill,

This may sound odd, but if you did not do what it looks like you have done, than leaving is the most foolish thing you could do. Other options have beem presented. Critical Bill and I would both be happy to examine the snake and photograph it. Or how about another party to be agreed on by both you and Lee. Or how about Wendy's kind offer. If you are not pulling a fast one, than you need to prove it, because the evidence as you already know is not working for you at the moment.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:49 PM   #60
The BoidSmith
The worst thing you can do, seriously...

Bill,

In my opinion you have been “ill-advised”. Just an hour ago you were willing to send $200 to clear your name and now you don’t even accept the generous offer of sending you a camera to take pictures of the snake? If some doubted they were different snakes now with your actions you have confirmed they were right. There were several people giving you the benefit of the doubt (myself included) but your action (or inaction for that matter) is starting to cast a doubt in everyone. You are going to throw away everything and loose your self-respect just because of a picture session? Maybe you misinterpreted what someone said. Holding your position meant proving you were right, not that you are beyond the need to prove it. Please reconsider your stance, we need more good guys. The offer of the camera is very generous and it will not cost you a dime. You were willing to pay $200 to end this thread but now you are ready to throw your reputation away over some pictures you refuse to take? I’m sorry but something is not adding up, or on the other hand, is adding up pretty fast but pointing in the wrong direction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!